BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn
5188 Capitol Boulevard SE, Tumwater, WA 98501-4442
Phone: 360/956-1235 | Fax: 360/357-6025 | 89 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn!
Stay close to the state capitol at our Olympia-Tumwater hotel, which boasts a superior location to make traveling just a little easier. We're right off of I-5, so getting on the interstate is a breeze. In close proximity to the Valley Athletic Club which hosts numerous sporting events, Tumwater Valley Municipal Golf Course, Red Wind Casino, Little Creek Casino, the Lucky Eagle, Hands on Children Museum,Olympic Flight Museum, and Wolf Haven. The Best Western Tumwater Inn has many restaurants and shopping within walking distance.
Inside our newly updated and 100% non-smoking hotel, you will find clean and fresh rooms with amenities to make you feel at home. Wake up each morning and enjoy our complimentary hot deluxe continental breakfast, the perfect start to your day. Our business center and fitness center make your stay with us even more like home.
If you're here for business, we are conveniently located in the heart of most government offices in Olympia, and located near the local Washington State DOT, DSHS offices, LNI offices, Insurance Commission and many more. Our 24 hour business center can help with any last-minute projects or printing or faxing needs.
Reserve your room at the BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn and stay at your home away from home!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Meeting room Modem/Dataport available.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, Assorted breakfast breads, cereal, fruit, yogurt, rotating hot items eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, omelets. Make your own waffle station, juice, coffee or tea.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facilities Open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Guest laundry
- Free parking
- Photocopy services
- Universal gym
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, Speak: Spanish, Korean, Tagalog
- Cable or satellite television
- Business center
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services
- Stair stepper
- Ice/vending machines one machine per floor
- Outdoor parking
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Complimentary Seattle Times Newspaper available daily
BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western tumwater inn in Tumwater.
BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn
Conveniently located, the best western tumwater inn in Tumwater, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 47.001045 / Latitude: -122.908405
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 5 to Exit 102. At the end of the exit turn left onto Trosper Road and proceed over the freeway and through the first 2 traffic lights. The BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn will be to your left.
From: The south. Take Interstate 5 to Exit 102. At the end of the exit turn right onto Trosper Road and proceed through the next light, Capitol Boulevard. The BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn will be to your left.
BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Also known as Boeing Field, King County International Airport (BFI) is a public airpark serving the Seattle metropolitan area. Set in the southern Seattle area, BFI is a major hub for cargo and general aviation – with some commercial service available.
Kenmore Air serves BFI, along with cargo lines like ABX Air, UPS Airlines, and Capital Cargo International Airlines. Constructed in 1928, BFI is also home to the Museum of Flight and several Boeing Company facilities.
As one of the top family destinations near the Washington coast, Lattin's Country Cider Mill & Farm features a variety of events, exhibits, festivals, and fun – all on a working cider mill and farm. At Lattin's Country Cider Mill & Farm you can tour the grounds, stop by for a quick visit, or plan a party, as they have the facilities to host.
Every Easter at Lattin's Country Cider Mill & Farm they host their popular Easter Egg Hunt. In September, Lattin's Country Cider Mill & Farm hosts their Apple Festival – it's one of the most fun ways to celebrate Washington's apple harvest. Enjoy a home-made apple fritter at Lattin's Country Cider Mill & Farm, then let the kids play with and feed the baby animals – from goats, to chicks, and even bunnies.
Opened in 1982, the Old Capitol Building is a landmark attraction near the Washington coast. Found in Olympia, a short drive from Tumwater, the Old Capitol Building was designed by Willis A. Ritchie, and it opened in 1892. Washington's original state capitol building was the Thurston County Courthouse.
Today, the Old Capitol Building in Olympia serves as the office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. With generous views of the area – just to the west you'll spot Sylvester Park, while across the street north is the Washington Center for the performing Arts – the Old Capitol Building has gone through several renovations, including after it took major damage during a 1949 earthquake.
With over 20 vintage planes and helicopters on display, the Olympic Flight Museum is located in the Washington Coast–area town of Tumwater, south of Olympia. The museum is located on the grounds of the Olympia Regional Airport and, with an impressive collection of airworthy planes and model displays, it makes for an exciting place to visit for aviation fans of all ages.
Kids get a special thrill climbing into the cockpit of aircraft like the mobile Huey and the T-28 Trojan, while other planes, including the P-51 Mustang and T-6 Texan World War II trainer, are open for up-close viewing. Each year, the museum hosts the Olympic Air Show, drawing big crowds with classic and current military aircraft demonstrations.
Plan on exploring the lush greenery on your next visit to the Washington coast. Add a trip to Tumwater Falls Park to the agenda. Tumwater is a quaint city just south of Olympia, and you'll find Tumwater Falls Park east of I-5 on the shores of the Tumwater Falls Dam. It's very close to where the Senator P.H. Carlyon Bridge crosses the Deschutes River.
One of the most popular and well-traveled parts of the Tumwater Historic District, Tumwater Falls Park is 15 acres of excellent outdoor fun. Be sure to check out the many hiking and walking trails at Tumwater Falls Park. History buffs and, generally, those interested in a bit of nostalgia, often head for The Schmidt House, a historic landmark and former home of Leopold F. Schmidt, the founder of the Olympia Brewing Company.
Boasting an award-winning history, the Tumwater Valley Municipal Golf Course is located in Tumwater, Washington – less than an hour from the Pacific Coast. Frequently voted "Best of South Sound" by readers of the Olympian, the 18-hole course lets golfers escape into the tranquil green of the Deschutes River Valley.
Players practice their swing on the facility’s enormous driving range and lessons are frequently available on site from PGA and LPGA member teaching professionals. After a long game, the gloves come off and the drinks come out at the River’s Edge restaurant and sports bar.
Founded in 1982, Wolf Haven International is a non-profit organization found in Tenino, just outside of Tumwater. As you explore the Washington coast, set aside some time and check out one of the premier wolf rehabilitation centers in the state. You'll find Wolf Haven International just east of Old Hwy 99 on Offut Lake Rd.
At Wolf Haven International, the objective is simple: "Conserve and protect wolves and their habitat." Plan your visit to Wolf Haven International for the weekend – you'll be able to enjoy a guided walking tour of the grounds. In late September each year, Wolf Haven International hosts Wolves & Wine, a fall fundraising event.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Tumwater Falls, waterfall and park
- 1.00 mile(s) from Henderson House Museum
- 3.00 mile(s) from State Capitol Building, daily tours except on holidays
- 3.00 mile(s) from Governor's Mansion
- 3.00 mile(s) from Percival Landing
- 3.00 mile(s) from South Puget Sound
- 4.00 mile(s) from Olympic Flight Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Hands-on Children's Museum
- 6.00 mile(s) from Wolf Haven Wolf Sanctuary
- 9.00 mile(s) from Nisqually Reach Nature Center
- 19.00 mile(s) from Fort Lewis Military Museum
- 25.00 mile(s) from Mima Mounds
- 40.00 mile(s) from NW Trek Wildlife Park
- 3.00 mile(s) from Olympia Farmers Market
- 4.00 mile(s) from Capital Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from Centralia Outlet Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.00 mile(s) from Olympia
- 6.00 mile(s) from Lacey
- 20.00 mile(s) from Centralia
- 60.00 mile(s) from Seattle
- 102 mile(s) from Portland, OR
- 8 mile(s) from St. Martin's University
- 10 mile(s) from Evergreen State College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Tumwater Valley Golf Club, golf, tennis, spa
- 7.00 mile(s) from Priest Point Park, scenic hiking trails
- 10.00 mile(s) from Capital Forest, hiking
- Adjacent to Plaza Jalisco, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Brewery City Pizza, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Locally owned. Pizza, Sandwiches, Pasta and Salads, Family restaurant. Can serve groups in-house or deliver to the hotel.
- Adjacent to Burger King, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Happy Teriyaki, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Jack in the Box, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Lemon Grass, full service, Thai, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from The Brick, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 mile(s) from Falls Terrace, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, Beautiful Views of the Tumwater Falls. Offers Seafood & Steak and full bar.
BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Tumwater. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Hulda Klager's farm and gardens in Woodland near Vancouver will be open to the public. Explore lilac plants, vintage accessories, and gifts.
Wine & Cheese Tasting
The Twin Cities Rotary Club in Chehalis hosts its annual Wine & Cheese Tasting.
Lewis County Historical Bike Ride
Choose from four leisurely loop rides through and around the city of Chehalis. Rides start at Stan Hedwall Park.
Recycled Arts Festival
Over 120 artists display their work among onstage entertainment, music, and food at Vancouver's Esther Short Park.
Ocean Shores Farmers Market
Each Saturday in the summer, Ocean Shores Farmers Market offers its visitors baked goods, regional cheeses, fresh vegetables, handcrafted soap, and more.
Sand & Sawdest Fest
Master woodcarvers and sand sculptors from all over the world come to compete in this annual Ocean Shores event.
Clark County Fair
This annual fair offers carnival rides, family-friendly exhibits, and entertainment near Vancouver.
Longview's premier annual festival gets underway at Lake Sacajawea Park. This event takes place near Kelso.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean