BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven
259 Merlot Drive, Prosser, WA 99350-9533
Phone: 509/786-7977 | Fax: 509/786-7236 | 85 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
A trip to wine country is just what you need, and our Prosser hotel makes it easy with some of the best wine packages in the region.
We’re known for the cleanliness of rooms, a good location for wine tasting and a fantastic location featuring easy access off Highway 82. We’re a good stopping point next door to a truck stop, but many of our guests choose to stay a little longer to enjoy the beauty of the region. Wine tasting and Thanksgiving in wine country are idyllic for romantic getaways. Enjoy numerous wine-related festivals throughout the year, or head to our Prosser hotel for a weekend escape.
Wine inspectors, vendors and trucking companies are all regular guests at our Prosser hotel. If you’re here for work with ConAgra, the Bonneville Power Administration, the Department of Fish and Wildlife or an agriculture business or corporate business, you’ll feel right at home with us. Slip into luxurious bedding and enjoy the peace and quiet that you need while on business. Our friendly staff members are happy to accommodate groups, too, making your stay the best it can be.
Do you need help choosing the best tasting rooms and wine packages in the region? Depend on our Prosser hotel staff to help you pinpoint exactly what you need. When there are so many wineries to choose from, it can be overwhelming. Do you also need recommendations on the best restaurants and sightseeing locations? We can help with that, too. Our priority is your happiness.
No matter what brings you to this part of Washington, you deserve a stay that’s comfortable, cozy and just like home. That’s what our Prosser hotel delivers. What do you want your trip to entail? Just ask, and we’ll go above and beyond to make it happen.
Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven, where location meets value!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool, heated seasonal
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Indoor pool
- Spa indoors and outdoors is seasonal
- Guest laundry
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Truck and RV parking
- Conference services
- Fax services
- High-speed Internet access, wireless and hard wired
- Interior corridor
- Express check out availible at guest request
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Equipment rental
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus the inn at horse heaven in Prosser.
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven
Conveniently located, the best western plus the inn at horse heaven in Prosser, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.220455 / Latitude: -119.786115
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-82 East. Traveling eastbound take Exit 80. Turn right on Gap Road, then turn left on Merlot to the BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven.
From: I-82 West. Take Exit 80, then turn left on Gap Road, and turn left on Merlot to the BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven.
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Pacific Northwest is a popular destination for travelers at all times of the year. On your next visit to Washington, head east and check out the charming city of Prosser. Found between Sunnyside and Kennewick, Prosser celebrates each Labor Day with Prosser's State Day Celebration.
Head for City Park in downtown Prosser on your next summer visit to the area and enjoy parades, live music, food vendors, and a wealth of family-friendly festivities. The Grande Parade is a highlight of Prosser's State Day Celebration, and there's even a bingo tournament, and a Valley's Got Talent Show. The kids will enjoy the carnival style games and rides.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.50 mile(s) from Princess Theater, a nearly 90 year old historic theater that showcases live stage plays, movies, ballet recitals, jazz festivals, graduations, rock concerts, winemaker's events and much more!
- 1.50 mile(s) from Prosser Historic Downtown, incorporated in 1899, many of Prosser’s original buildings survived the test of time to bring you a memorable excursion into the past with all of the modern conveniences. Art galleries, salons, coffee shops and plenty of quaint boutiques for your shopping needs.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Benton County Museum, dedicated in 1968, the museum has five rooms with over 20,000 items on display, including pioneer photos and artifacts, an old store display, glass and porcelain collections, a Victorian parlor and much more.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Benton County Court House, Prosser is the County seat for Benton County. The Courthouse, built in 1926, is located at 620 Market Street, and contains offices for the Auditor, Treasurer, Public Works and Road Department, Central Services, Assessor, Clerk, District Court, Geographic Information Systems, Sheriff civil deputy, and the County Commissioners.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Farmer's Market, serving fresh local produce and much more since 1993. Prosser's Farmers Market is open Saturday's 8:00 a.m. to Noon May through October
- 0.60 mile(s) from Bonnie's Vine & Gift, a fine assortment of unique gifts, foods & specialty northwest wines.
- 1.10 mile(s) from The Sewing Basket, 100% cotton quilting material, hand crafted gifts, and project ideas.
- 1.30 mile(s) from Beck Company Jewelry, gifts, collectibles, on-site jewelry repair. Heirloom refurbishing. Custom designed jewelry using rare and exquisite gems.
- 1.30 mile(s) from Yakima Valley Winery Supply, full line of wine making and home brewing supplies and equipment.
- 1.40 mile(s) from Monkey Business, gifts, cards, collectibles, candles, stationary, frames, ephemera, educational toys, games, free gift wrapping with purchase.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Art From your Heart, create a one-of-a-kind pottery peice that will be cherished forever in this fun, relaxing atmoshpere. Party packages availible.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Cake Personality, fresh baked cookies and cakes.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Dairy Farm Antiques, antique and gift shop. Fenton dealer, jewelry, vintage clothing, pottery.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Get a Grip, handbags, designer inspired and authentic originals of every size, shape, and color. Jewelry too!
- 1.60 mile(s) from Something Groovy, a real record store! Used, new and collectible albums and CDs. Used turntables.
- 1.70 mile(s) from The Rustic Rooster, featuring antiques, home decor, vintage, cottage, primitive and shabby chic.
- 1.80 mile(s) from Taste of Heaven, a traditional made-from-scratch quaint bakery offering a winning uniquely delicious cookie recipe that looks as good as it tastes.
- 1.80 mile(s) from 6th St Gift & Art Gallery, featuring local and regional artisans, books, Pacific Northwest gourmet delights, jewelry and treasured gifts for every age.
- 3.20 mile(s) from Nature's Farm & Nursery, sustainably grown herbs & perennial plans, fresh harvested herbs and garden gifts.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Columbia Center Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 5.00 mile(s) from Grandview
- 12.00 mile(s) from Sunnyside
- 18.40 mile(s) from Benton City
- 25.00 mile(s) from Tri-Cities
- 45.00 mile(s) from Yakima
- 172 mile(s) from Spokane
- 190 mile(s) from Seattle
- 198 mile(s) from Portland
- 0.80 mile(s) from Chukar Cherries, locally grown premium dried fruits, chocolates, sauces, and gifts free of anything artificial!
- 1.30 mile(s) from Prosser Memorial Hospital, full service, community based, non-profit medical center.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Fruitsmart Inc., fruit ingredient processer and supplier
- 1.50 mile(s) from ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston Inc, potato production facility.
- 3.10 mile(s) from J.M. Smuckers Company, smuckers production facility.
- 3.10 mile(s) from WSU - Prosser, irrigated agriculture research and extension center/US agricultural research services.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Holtzinger Fruit Company., apple packing facility.
- 1.60 mile(s) from Milne Fruit, converts fruit into 100% natural and pure fruit ingredients.
- 7.20 mile(s) from Welch's Foods Inc., Welch's grape juice production facility.
- 7.70 mile(s) from Walmart Distribution Center, Walmart 7021 distribution center
- 5.20 mile(s) from WSU Prosser, Washington State University Irrigated Agriculture Research & Extension Center located in Prosser Washington
- 7.00 mile(s) from Y.V.C.C., Yakima Valley Community College Grandview Campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Indoor pool
- 0.50 mile(s) from Rotary Park Pathway, scenic pathway through Prosser, Grandview, and Sunnyside
- 1.10 mile(s) from Vintner's Village, home to 12 local wine tasting rooms within walking distance
- 1.20 mile(s) from Family Fun Center, roller rink, snacks, adjacent restaurant.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Historic Walk, drop by the Prosser Chamber of Commerce for your map and enjoy a leisurely walk into our past.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Prosser Farmer's Market, fresh produce, herbs, and flowers from local farmers, specialty crafts, and theme events.
- 1.50 mile(s) from The Princess Theater, restored historic performing arts facility.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Benton County Museum, historical displays
- 2.00 mile(s) from E.J. Miller Park, tournament skate park, swimming pool tennis courts, and a covered pavilion.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wine and Food Park, picnic tables, public restrooms, covered pavilion, large play field, wineries and micro brewery.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Black Rock Creek Golf, fantastic course offering a variety of yardages and playing environments.
- 0.20 mile(s) from El Rancho Alegre, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, family operated full service restaurant features authentic Mexican food from family recipes.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Jonny's Pizza & Stone Pub, pub, Italian, open for: breakfast, lunch, Great Pizza and great beer selection. Family oriented environment with large flat panel televisions for game night.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Wine O'Clock Wine Bar, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Cozy wine bar, home of RiverAerie and The Bunnell Family Cellar.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Golden Horse, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.60 mile(s) from The Barn Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Full service restaurant & Lounge providing breakfast, lunch & Dinner.
- 1.40 mile(s) from Bern's Tavern, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.40 mile(s) from Keno's Kafe & Lounge, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Down home cooking. Large portions at an exceptional price. Breakfast served all day. Daily lunch specials.s
- 1.40 mile(s) from Whitstran Brewing Company, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Great Beer and great eats!
- 1.40 mile(s) from Tuscany, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Tuscany offers rustic Italian food including pasta, steak and seafood as well as a variety of local wines to compliment the cuisine.
- 1.50 mile(s) from El Caporal, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Family owned Mexican restaurant.Great food, great atmoshphere!
- 1.50 mile(s) from 6th Street Coffee, coffee shop, American, open for: lunch, 6th Street Coffee offers a satisfying lunch menu of hearty sandwiches complimented by homemade daily specials, espresso drinks, sodas, teas & smoothies.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Becky's Coffee Corner, coffee shop, American, open for: lunch, We offer espresso, chai tea's, jet tea's, Italian sodas, etc.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Cafe Villa on 7th Street, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, specialty sandwiches, burgers & Espresso.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Golden Yan, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 mile(s) from Mustang Grill and Deli, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 mile(s) from Picazo 7 Seventeen, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Wine Bar and Restaurant. The menu features fine "local fare with a Spanish flair". Located in historic downtown Prosser, their NW wine list showcases Yakima Valley's finest.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Shy's Pizza Connection, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, A family owned and operated rizza restaurant since 1994 specializing in family dining, large group gatherings, pick-up and deliveries.
- 1.50 mile(s) from La Mesa at Desert Wind, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, La Mesa at Desert Wind is a warm and inviting restaurant space available for private dining for groups of 8-50 guests.
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Prosser. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Art Walk Wander around Downtown Ellensburg through galleries open from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Quilt Show Quilters unite to show their wares and visit at the Kittitas County Fairgrounds. Times vary per day.
Farmers Market Fresh food and produce for sale on Fourth Street in Ellensburg starting at 9 a.m.
Iron Horse Trail Mortorcycle Show Shake off the last of winter and break out your bike for a nice ride in Ellensburg. First ride is at 10 a.m.
Central Washington University Parents Weekend Visit your college student and enjoy the scenery of Ellensburg. Times vary.
The Art of Wine Come down to the Kittitas Valley Event Center and taste wines from all over Washington state. Tastings start at 1 p.m.
Bares and Broncs Listen to live music and watch the rodeo at the Ellensburg Rodeo Arena. It all starts at 6:30 p.m.
July 4-6, 2014
Sasquatch! at the Gorge Visit the critically acclaimed amphitheater for this one-of-a-kind music festival. Times vary per day.
Ye Old County Faire Step back in time at the Kittitas County Fairgrounds for this renaissance event. The festivities start at 11 a.m.
Cruisin' for Hospice Car Show Music, food, and great cars fill Downtown Ellensburg at 10 a.m.
Central Washington University Graduation Watch your favorite college student walk across that stage and receive their diploma.
Father's Day Baseball Tournament Bring dad out for this fun tournament in Ellensburg. Times vary.
Dachshunds on Parade Spend the day with your little Dachshund and their friends along Main Street. It starts at 8:30 a.m.
Paradiso at the Gorge Visit the critically acclaimed amphitheater for this electronic musical event. Music starts at 2 p.m.
Jazz in the Valley Music fills the air all throughout Downtown Ellensburg along with the smells of food and good wine. Times vary.
Whiskey Dick Triathlon A difficult triathlon involving a swim in the Columbia River. Cross the starting line at 8:30 a.m.
Watershed at the Gorge Attend this outdoor country music festival at the Gorge Amphitheater. Times vary.
Arcade Fire at the Gorge Watch the indie rock band take the stage at the Gorge Amphitheater. Times vary.
Bruno Mars at the Gorge Visit the critically acclaimed amphitheater to see Bruno Mars. Times vary.
Cruisin' Kittitas and Burnouts Enjoy live music, good beer, and beautiful cars. Cars start to line up along Main Street at 8 a.m.
Downtown Sidewalk Sale Stroll through over 15 different stores open for this event in Downtown Ellensburg. Doors open at 9 a.m.
Jack Johnson at the Gorge Jack Johnson takes the stage at the Gorge Amphitheater. The show starts at 6:30 p.m.
Dave Matthews Dave Matthews takes the stage at the Gorge Amphitheater. The show starts at 6 p.m.
Rodeo Weekend Enjoy a weekend full of exciting rodeo events. Events start at 11 a.m.
Carnivores Tour at the Gorge Visit the critically acclaimed amphitheater for this exciting musical event. Music starts at 6:30 p.m.
Paint Ellensburg Participate in the auction for artwork and unique experiences starting at 4:30 p.m. in the Sue Lombard rooms on Central Washington University campus.
Buskers in the Burg Ellensburg's fall festival in Historic Downtown. Event times vary.
Rascal Rodeo Watch these special athletes as they participate in rodeo events at the Bloom Pavilion. Events start at 9 a.m.
Film Festival Films chosen from submissions across multiple genres.
Clymer Rendezvous A local fundraiser for the Clymer Museum of Art in Ellensburg. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
Downtown Trick or Treat Trick or Treat around Downtown Ellensburg from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Hearthstone Bazaar Join Ellensburg locals at this annual event taking place at the Hearthstone Cottage.
Yakima Symphony Orchestra Concert Listen to the beautiful music of the Yakima Symphony Orchestra at the Capitol Theatre. The music starts at 7:30 p.m.
A Grange Bazaar Enjoy the handmade crafts and other goodies at the Swauk Teanaway Grange. Doors open at 9 a.m.
Veterans Day Parade Watch in Downtown Ellensburg to watch this patriotic event. It all starts at 10 a.m.
December 12, 2014
Girl's Night Out
Get pampered and enjoy shopping around Downtown Ellensburg starting at 5 p.m.
Central Washington University Red Curtain Revue
Listen as theater students perform Broadway hits in the Milo Smith Tower Theatre at 7:30 p.m.
Moments to Remember
A local tradition where kids can meet Santa, join in scavenger hunts, and watch the parade in Downtown Ellensburg. Event times vary.
Cookies with Santa Bring the little ones to share cookies with St. Nick in Downtown Ellensburg.
5 Days of Christmas Canyon River Ranch hosts five days of festivities. Event times vary.
Central Washington University Ware Fair Enjoy handmade crafts and trinkets along with holiday festivities at Central Washington University. Festivities start at 10 a.m.
Central Washington University: A Christmas Carol Theater students perform the classic Christmas play. Show times vary per day.
Kids Bird House Build at Knudson's Kids get to build and decorate a bird house at Knudson Lumber. Starts at 9 a.m.
Snowball Drop for Prices Catch your "snowball" for special prizes in Rotary Pavilion at 10 a.m.
Breakfast with Santa Visit the Children's Activity Museum so they can have breakfast with the big guy at 10 a.m.
Central Washington University Symphony Orchestra Concert Attend the McIntyre Music Building Concert Hall to listen to beautiful music for the evening. Music begins at 4 p.m.
Friend a Tree of Love Celebrate the life of a past loved one with us at the Ellensburg Public Library at 6 p.m.
Teddy Bear Tea Join Mr. and Mrs. Claus for tea at Kelleher Motor at 11 a.m.
Holidays at Improv Enjoy a dinner while listening to great comedy in Downtown Ellensburg. Show starts at 5 p.m.
Cocoa Stroll Stroll around Downtown Ellensburg and look at the Christmas decorations. 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Elves Gift Making Workshop Kids get to make and wrap gifts to take home to put under the tree. It begins at 1 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean