- HOTEL INFORMATION
- SPECIALS & PACKAGES
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel
77 Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98104-2530
Phone: 206/340-1234 Fax: 206/467-0707 75 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM Reservations
Great rates, ideal location, complimentary continental breakfast, free high speed Internet. Near sports stadiums, waterfront and all major attractions!
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel is centrally located for all of Seattle's attractions including the University of Washington, convention center and cruise lines. Government and corporate guests will appreciate the hotels close proximity to the Federal Building, Amazon, ING, Starbucks and city centre. This hotel is a unique historic Victorian-Romanesque landmark, offering excellent customer service and traditional furnishings with all the modern amenities of home. Each well-appointed guest room and suite features cable satellite television and wireless high-speed Internet.
Start the day off with fresh Belgian waffles at the complimentary continental breakfast; check email in the hotels computer center or enjoy a cup of coffee in front of the lobby fireplace as you plan your day. Spend it taking advantage of all the sites and activities of this unique historic waterfront district that is full of quaint shops, antiques, galleries, museums, restaurants and attractions. Within walking distance or just a short bus or a monorail ride away, are the Underground Tour, Klondike Gold Rush, Chinatown, International District, Seattle Aquarium, Seattle Art Museum and the Space Needle. The hotel offers room service, health club privileges, computer center and small meeting facilities.
Whether its Seattle Mariners baseball, Seahawks football or a Sounders FC game, shopping at Pike Place Market or just a special romantic weekend getaway, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel is simply the perfect downtown Seattle hotel location and best value in Seattle.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary continental breakfast, featuring fresh Belgian waffles, bagels, muffins, Danish, cereals, breads, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffees & teas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Guest laundry and dry cleaning, picked up by 9:00 a.m., returned by 6:00 p.m., not available on holidays
- Audio/Visual Equipment, speaker phone, video conferencing
- Business Center, computer, printer
- Shipping - UPS and Federal Express pickup location
- Porterage/bell services, and luggage storage
- Safe deposit box
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish, German, Romanian, Arabic)
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior corridor
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible, accessible to all floors
- Late check out, half day room charge until 4:00 p.m., after 4:00 p.m. full day charge
- Sightseeing, tours and packages arranged
- Ice/vending machines, bottled water available
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Express check-out
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Limited parking available for a nominal fee in an offsite garage.
- Vision Quest located off property
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Small Meeting Room for 10 or less
- Lobby fireplace
- Town car arrangements call ahead for rates and availability
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus pioneer square hotel in Seattle.
Visit and Cruise Package 1 Night
Everything you need to get you to or from the cruise ship. Book your stay and enjoy hassle-free transportation to or from cruise terminals 66 and 91. Whether you want to take a day before your cruise to discover Seattle or if you want a day of rest before heading home, let us take care of your transportation. This package is perfect for the train traveler.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus pioneer square hotel in Seattle, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 47.601635 / Latitude: -122.335315
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North of Seattle. Take Interstate 5 South to Exit 165A, James Street Exit. Continue through the first light, the second light will be James Street. Turn right on James Street; going downhill towards the waterfront. Continue down the hill, through several stoplights, until James Street merges with Yesler Way at the stop sign. Turn slightly right onto Yesler Way, continue through the intersection at First Avenue and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel is one half block past 1st Avenue on the left side. Look for the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel sign and park in the white loading zone in front of the hotel.
From: South of Seattle. Take Interstate 5 North, towards Seattle, take Exit 164-A for James Street/I-90. Staying to the left for James Street, this will merge with another sub-highway. Once on this, merge into the right lane and take the James Street Exit. At the stoplight take a left and follow the road downhill, toward the waterfront. Continue downhill, through several stoplights, until James Street merges with Yesler Way at the stop sign. Turn slightly right onto Yesler Way, continue through the intersection at First Avenue and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel is one half block past 1st Avenue on the left side. Look for the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel sign and park in the white loading zone in front of the hotel.
From: East of Seattle Take Interstate 90 West to Interstate 5. Follow signs to Seattle, take Exit 165, James Street Exit. Take Interstate 5 North to Exit 165A, James Street Exit. Follow to the end of the exit lane. Turn left on James Street; go down hill toward waterfront. James will merge with Yesler at first Avenue. Turn right on Yesler and go across the intersection (first Avenue). The BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel is straight ahead on the left hand side.
From: Central Link Light Rail. Using the Seattle Central Link Light Rail from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport:Board the train in the parking lot at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport headed to downtown Seattle. Disembark the train at the Pioneer Square Station; you will be in an underground tunnel in the heart of downtown. The stops will be announced, and you will also see the station names on the walls of the tunnel. Exit the tunnel headed towards James Street, you will exit onto 2nd and James Street; head downhill, just after First Avenue the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel (look for the sign) will be on your left hand side before you reach the water front, approximately three blocks from the underground station.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Discovery Park is a beautiful park on the coast of Seattle, overlooking Puget Sound. Discovery Park is the largest park in the Seattle area with 534-acres of land. The park features sea cliffs, two miles of protected tidal beaches, sand dunes and meadows, on the site of the former Fort Lawton.
Visitors to the park enjoy the incredible views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains, from the Magnolia Bluff. Bring the whole family to the park for quality time together, outdoors. After a fun-filled day in this recreational haven, kick up your feet and enjoy a peaceful night's rest, as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Elysian Brewing Company was established in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle in 1996, by co-founders Dick Cantwell, David Buhler and Joe Bisacca. This first location includes a 220-seat beer hall, along with the brewery. One year later, a second location of the brewery was established in Gameworks until the contract ended in 2002. In 2003, the TangleTown bistro and brewery opened and shortly became Seattle's top bewpub. In 2006, the Elysian Fields location opened in the Seattle's stadium district, near CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field.
By 2011, a production brewery in Seattle's Georgetown neighborhood opened. The brewery features a variety of more than twenty beers amongst the three brewery locations, as well as rare Belgian and German beers. Visit one of the three locations to taste Wise ESB, the first beer brewed, along with Immortal IPA, Dragonstooth Stout, Perseus Porter, Zephyrus Pilsner and Avatar Jasmine IPA. Stay close to the fun, in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy your time in Seatown.
Also known as Boeing Field, King County International Airport (BFI) is a public airpark serving the Seattle metropolitan area. Set in the southern Seattle area, BFI is a major hub for cargo and general aviation – with some commercial service available.
Kenmore Air serves BFI, along with cargo lines like ABX Air, UPS Airlines, and Capital Cargo International Airlines. Constructed in 1928, BFI is also home to the Museum of Flight and several Boeing Company facilities.
Seattle area residents and visitors have enjoyed purchasing fresh produce along Elliott Bay, in downtown Seattle, since 1907. Pike Place Market was developed by local councilman Thomas R. Revelle, after local farmers were not getting a fare profit from the sale of their goods at Produce Row. Throughout the years, the Market expanded and now includes 100 farmers, 190 craftspeople, 240 street performers and over 200 commercial businesses. This wonderful Seattle attraction, known as the "Soul of Seattle", is visited by more than ten million visitors each year.
One of the more popular businesses in the Market is the Pike Place Fish Market. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the employees throwing fish to each other over the countertop, once a customer selects a fish for purchase. Seattle's famous Starbucks coffee has has a store in the Market since 1977. Enjoy strolling the nine acres of Market grounds at this impressive shopping area. Before leaving, snap a picture of Rachel, the bronze cast piggy bank and unofficial Market mascot, at the corner of Pike Place underneath the Market sign. Stay close to the action in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy your time in the Emerald City.
The Seattle Aquarium, located on Pier 59 along the Seattle Waterfront, makes learning about aquatic creatures fun. Spend a day throughout the aquarium and be fascinated by the variety of exhibits including the Pacific Coral Reef, Window on the Washington Waters, Underwater Dome, Birds and Shores and the Ocean Oddities. Take the kids to the Orcas: Family Activity Center and spend a few minutes in the listening station to hear the sounds in the Puget Sound area.
Enjoy the "touch zone" in the Life on the Edge exhibit where you can feel the anemones and sunflower sea stars. There's so much to see and experience in this wonderful, must-see attraction - be sure to schedule enough time. Several Seattle area Best Western hotels are available to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Nicknamed the SAM, the Seattle Art Museum is a fixture of the Seattle metropolitan area, and of cultural Washington. Open from Wednesday through Sunday, the Seattle Art Museum offers free public tours of the downtown Seattle’s facility, including the “Art from Here: Collection Highlights” focusing on northwestern artists, and the 30-minute “In Focus Gallery Talks.” Grab lunch at the TASTE Restaurant, browse through the SAM Shop, or explore the Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library – open to the public Wednesday through Friday.
Feel free to explore Seattle Art Museum’s two extensions: Olympic Sculpture Park and the Seattle Asian Art Museum on Capitol Hill. For a comfortable night’s stay in the Emerald City, don’t forget the many Best Western hotels in Seattle.
Washington’s largest airport, the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is a public airpark serving the Seattle metropolitan area, as well as Tacoma, the Puget Sound, and many other communities throughout western Washington. Also known as Sea–Tac, SEA is the country’s 16th busiest airport.
A hub for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, SEA is served by major airlines like Alaska, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways. SEA features three passenger terminals and three parallel runways – as well as cargo services, a 23-acre rental car facility, and ground transportation from the airport.
The Space Needle has become a well-recognized structure in the Seattle skyline, since its 1962 installation for the World's Fair. This "must-see" attraction offers the best view of the Seattle area, from the observation deck, 520 feet from the street. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind meal at the SkyCity Restaurant, 500 feet high, while you slowly rotate 360 degrees, allowing for incredible views of the city.
If you're in town during the New Year, the Space Needle is "the" place to be. The celebration is the premier New Year's Eve event on the West Coast. Enjoy your time at the Northwest's #1 attraction and be sure to bring your camera to capture a shot from the top. Check into an area Best Western hotel to enjoy wonderful guest services and comfortable lodging. Enjoy your stay in the Emerald City.
Established in 1861, the University of Washington is the oldest public university on the West Coast, and includes a total of three campuses. Thanks to its flagship campus in the University District of Seattle, the University of Washington is the largest university in the Pacific Northwest. Other UW campuses are also found in the Washington cities of Tacoma and Bothell.
Visit the Seattle campus of the University of Washington for a look at the beautiful cherry trees decorating the Quad, or a quick stroll through the UW Botanic Gardens. Spend the day exploring campus culture like the Burke Museum and the Henry Art Gallery, or put on some purple and cheer on the Washington Huskies in Husky Stadium. Wake up from your Best Western hotel in Seattle, and head to Schmitz Hall for a guided tour of the University of Washington.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Pioneer Square Historic District.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Seattle's Underground Tour, Seattle Waterfront, Pergola, Totem Pole, Pioneer Park.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Washington State Ferry System
- 0.30 mile(s) from Smith Tower, Observation Deck, Chinese Room, Seattle Police Museum
- 0.40 mile(s) from Seattle Aquarium, Odyssey Maritime Discovery Center, Safeco Field (Home of the Seattle Mariners), Qwest Field & Event Center (Home of the Seattle Seahawks and Sounder FC), WaMu Theater
- 0.50 mile(s) from Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Library, Benaroya Music Hall, McCaw Hall
- 0.60 mile(s) from Chinatown International District
- 0.70 mile(s) from Pike Place Market, Longest continually operating farmers market in North America.
- 0.80 mile(s) from Lake Union, Seattle Asian and Art Museum, Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal 66 (Norwegian and Celebrity Lines)
- 1.00 mile(s) from US Coast Guard, Training Facility
- 3.00 mile(s) from Terminal 91 Cruise Facility, (Holland America, Princess and Royal Caribean Lines)
- 5.00 mile(s) from University for Washington, Huskies!
- 7.00 mile(s) from Woodland Park Zoo, Hiram M. Chittenden Locks
- 10.00 mile(s) from Blake Island Marine State Park
- 25.00 mile(s) from Everett Boeing Plant Tour, Payne Field
- 38.00 mile(s) from Tacoma Museum of Glass, Museum of History and Industry
- 1 mile(s) from Rainier Square, Pacific Place, City Centre, Westlake Center shopping districts, Akai, EI
- 8 mile(s) from Northgate Mall
- 9 mile(s) from Factoria Mall
- 10.5 mile(s) from Westfield Southcenter Shopping Mall
- 20 mile(s) from Auburn Super Mall
- 30 mile(s) from Factory Stores at North Bend
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2 mile(s) from Mercer Island, Bainbridge Island via ferry
- 2.5 mile(s) from Bremerton via ferry
- 3 mile(s) from Lake Union
- 7 mile(s) from Bellevue
- 13 mile(s) from Renton
- 22 mile(s) from Woodinville
- 30 mile(s) from Everett, Snoqualmie Falls
- 35 mile(s) from Tacoma
- 38 mile(s) from McChord Air Force Base, Fort Lewis Army Base
- 43 mile(s) from Gig Harbor
- 45 mile(s) from Bremerton
- 50 mile(s) from Port Townsend
- 60 mile(s) from Mt. Vernon, Olympia
- 74 mile(s) from Port Angeles
- 81 mile(s) from Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands
- 85 mile(s) from Anacortes
- 89 mile(s) from Mount Rainer
- 93 mile(s) from Oak Harbor
- 108 mile(s) from Ellensburg
- 113 mile(s) from Mount Baker
- 145 mile(s) from Mount St. Helens
- 160 mile(s) from Bellingham
- 166 mile(s) from Vancouver, WA
- 175 mile(s) from Portland, Oregon
- 231 mile(s) from Mount Hood
- 250 mile(s) from Vancouver, British Columbia
- 282 mile(s) from Spokane
- 286 mile(s) from Pullman
- 352 mile(s) from Mount Bachelor
- 0.3 miles from Jackson Federal Building and King Couny Courthouse, City of Seattle, Cray, Inc. Seattle Headquarters
- 0.5 mile(s) from Vulcan Inc. Headquarters, US Coast Guard
- 0.6 mile(s) from Amazon Headquarters Inc.
- 0.75 mile(s) from Harborview Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, Children's Hospital, Virginia Mason Medical Center
- 1 mile(s) from Sodo Center, Starbucks Headquarters
- 3.25 mile(s) from University of Washington Medical Center
- 4.25 mile(s) from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
- 14 mile(s) from Microsoft Headquarters, Bellevue
- 1.2 mile(s) from Seattle University
- 1.25 mile(s) from Art Institute of Seattle
- 1.4 mile(s) from Seattle Central Community College
- 1.5 mile(s) from Cornish College of the Arts
- 3.25 mile(s) from University of Washington
- 4.7 mile(s) from Seattle Pacific University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Seattle Mariners, Safeco Field, MLB Baseball
- Seattle Seahawks, Qwest Field, NFL Football
- Seattle Sounders FC, Qwest Field, MLS Soccer
- University of Washington Huskies, UW, NCAA PAC-10 Football
- 0.01 mile(s) from Al Boccalino's, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Voted Seattle's Best Italian, Southern Italian Cuisine
- 0.01 mile(s) from Julie's Garden, cafe, Pacific Rim, open for: lunch, dinner, Asian Pho
- 0.01 mile(s) from Cafe Paloma, full service, Mediterranean, open for: lunch, dinner, 93 Yesler Way
- 0.01 mile(s) from Marcus' Martini Heaven, full service, American, open for: breakfast, dinner, Best Martini Around! Serves light snacks.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Longhorn Barbeque, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Barbeque, beef or pork, ribs, corn bread, beans, cole slaw !
- 0.10 mile(s) from New Orleans Restaurant, full service, Cajun, open for: lunch, dinner, 114 1st Avenue S., Featuring Jazz bands
- 0.20 mile(s) from Merchants Cafe, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Seattle's Old Restaurant
- 0.30 mile(s) from Brindisi, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 106 James Street
- 0.30 mile(s) from Collins Pub, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 526 Second Avenue by the Smith Tower
- 0.30 mile(s) from Metropolitan Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Known for thier steak and seafood. 820 2nd Avenue.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Il Terrazzo Carmine, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 411 1st Avenue S.
- 0.50 mile(s) from FX McRory's Steak, Chop & Oyster House, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 419 Occidental Avenue, Sports restaurant and bar, closest to the stadiums.
- 0.50 mile(s) from McCoy's Firehouse Bar & Grill, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 173 S. Washington Street
- 0.50 mile(s) from Fado Irish Pub, full service, Continental, open for: lunch, dinner, 801 First Avenue, Irish Pub
- 0.50 mile(s) from Ibiza Dinner Club, full service, Continental, open for: lunch, dinner, 528 Second Avenue, Spanish Cuisine
- 0.70 mile(s) from Wild Ginger, full service, Continental, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.80 mile(s) from Crab Pot Seafood, buffet, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, Family Style
- 0.90 mile(s) from Old Spaghetti Factory, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Family Style
- 0.90 mile(s) from Anthony's Homeport Seafood, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Seattle. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon & Half Marathon The Pacific Northwest’s largest marathon event, held in Seattle.
2013 America's Classic Jazz Festival
12 jazz bands, dance floors and dance lessons at four venues across Lacey.
Start at Lake Padden Park, Bellingham, WA. The swim starts from the swim area at Lake Padden. The bike is hilly on paved city and county roads. The run is one or two (depending on your division) counter-clockwise laps around Lake Padden.
Seafair Fleet Week Held at Pier 62/63 on the Seattle Waterfront.
BRHL End-of-Season Tourney Held at Battle Point Park.
7th Annual Bainbridge Bluegrass Festival Held at the Ritchie Observatory at Battle Point Park on Bainbridge Island.
2013 Tacoma Freedom Fair
Complete with an airshow and fireworks display, the fun goes all day on the fourth of July at the Ruston Way Waterfront in Tacoma.
2013 Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens
Swim, bike and run through a scenic course that loops through the hills and countryside East of Everett.
Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival Held at the Seattle Center.
The singer-songwriter has gone from young go-getter to bona fide pop princess all before the age of 24. She'll be joined by Ed Sheeran, not to mention thousands of adoring fans, at the Tacoma Dome at 7:00 P.M.
Since winning American Idol, the country star has continued to release chart-topping hits to become one of pop's biggest acts. Fans will sing along at the Washington State Fair Event Center beginning at 7:30 PM.
The hit maker got his start in the underground hip hop world before his voice became stuck in the heads of men, women and children worldwide via the Gnarls Barkley hit, "Crazy" – and his solo efforts have proven just as successful. He performs at the Washington State Fair Event Center in Puyallup at 7:30 P.M.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean