BEST WESTERN Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites
507 E Main Street, Dayton, WA 99328-1440
Phone: 509/382-4790 | Fax: 509/382-4791 | 50 Rooms | Online Reservations
Nestled along the rolling Palouse Hills in the charming town of Dayton, Washington is the BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel & Suites.
This is wine country, where relaxation and getting away from it all meets luxury. Guests of our Dayton hotel can enjoy an abundance of local activities. For a touch of history, visit the historic Lewis and Clark Trail. Umatilla National Forest is also in the region and a popular spot for hiking and birding. Palouse Hills is another favorite. Whether you're in Dayton for wine tastings, the great outdoors or for a peaceful escape, depend on us to be your home away from home.
Along Highway 12, history is rich in this area. Hunting and fishing have long been two of the pastimes of choice, and it's easy with ample forests and parks surrounding this Dayton hotel. However, with over 175 wineries in the area, guests can also enjoy the fruits of this lush landscape. From world class dining to the Columbia County Fair, there's something for everyone. Ski Bluewood is a favorite ski resort nestled a short drive from our spacious, clean and comfortable Dayton hotel.
All Wheels Weekend is a car show that attracts guests from around the country. Mule Mania and the local Alumni Weekend are also events that draw a crowd. If you're in town for a special event, it's important that you are close to all the action. Our Dayton hotel features well-appointed rooms and a great location, so it's simple to get around town.
Business travelers are also frequent guests at our Dayton hotel. We're happy to host employees of the Forest Service, USDA, Pacificorp and Puget Sound Energy, and many agriculture workers in the wheat and grass industry along with Seneca. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast featuring hot waffles, pastries, fruits and 100% Arabica coffee. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, it's important to kick off the morning in style.
Book your room at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel & Suites today! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee. Start your day off right with fluffy eggs and bacon accompanied by fresh fruit.
- Indoor pool Heated our sparkling indoor pool connects to an outdoor patio.
- Hot tub, relax in our soothing indoor hot tub.
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Late check out, please contact front desk for details.
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access
- Business center, 24-hours free. Nicely equipped business center on site.
- Printer available
- Fax services, available through the front desk
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Meeting facilities, large meeting room that is divisable into two separate spaces. Inquire with hotel for full features.
- Conference facilities, boardroom with twelve executive chairs. Custom conference table with internet hook ups. Contact hotel directly for full details.
- Equipment rental
- Physically challenged services
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Outdoor gas BBQ grill
- Outdoor patio seating
- Perfect location to stroll the streets of Dayton
- Motor coach parking
- Storage space - ski/snowboard storage available while staying at hotel.
- Complimentary newspaper available, in lobby Monday-Friday
- Laundry/valet, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., nominal fee
BEST WESTERN Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus dayton hotel & suites in Dayton.
BEST WESTERN Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus dayton hotel & suites in Dayton, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.322305 / Latitude: -117.975215
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Walla Walla, WA. Head northwest on US-12 toward Lewiston. Turn right onto Preston/US-12. Continue to follow US-12. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel and Suites is on your left.
From: Spokane, WA. Head west on I-90 toward Seattle. Merge onto US-195 South via exit 279 toward Colfax/Pullman. Turn slight right onto West Walla Walla Highway/WA-26. Continue to follow WA-26. Turn left onto WA-127. Stay straight to go onto US-12. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel and Suites is on your right.
From: Lewiston, ID. Head west on US-12 through Clarkston, WA. Stay straight on US-12. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel and Suites is on your right.
From: Tri-Cities, WA. Head east on US-12. Take WA-124 exit toward Burbank/Waitsburg. Turn right. Stay straight to go onto WA-124. Turn slight right. Turn slight left onto Ice Harbor Drive/WA-124. Continue to follow WA-124. Turn right onto Main St/WA-124. Continue to follow Preston Avenue. Preston Avenue becomes US-12. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel and Suites is on your left.
From: Seattle, WA. Head east on I-9. Merge onto WA-26 East via Exit 137 toward Othello/Pullman. Turn right onto Northeast Main Street/WA-261. Continue to follow WA-261. Turn left onto WA-261. Turn right onto US-12. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel and Suites is on your left.
BEST WESTERN Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Plan a visit to eastern Washington and head for the city of Dayton. Found between Walla Walla and Clarkston, Dayton is a charming and visually appealing city, home to the Pietrzycki City Park. The Pacific Northwest is known for its coastal weather, and a visit to Dayton during the spring or summer is ideal – visit Pietrzycki City Park for a leisurely afternoon picnic.
Named for Dr. Marcel M. Pietrzycki, an 1880 Dayton settler, the park is found just behind Dayton Middle School along the banks of the Touchet River. Explore the park on your next visit and enjoy pleasant spring or summer temperatures. Dayton is also home to the Lewis & Clark Trail State Park.
When you travel through Washington with your golf clubs, make sure you head east and find Dayton. Once there, as after you've settled into the charming city, check out the Touchet Valley Golf Course. Another of the fantastic executive style golf courses in the state, Touchet Valley Golf Course is not far from downtown Dayton.
Whether you play just the nine holes at Touchet Valley Golf Course, or double up and play a full 18, you'll no doubt be challenged by the open, yet tree-lined fairways. With a course rating of 35.5 – and a slope rating of 122 – even the most veteran golfer will find a few challenges at Touchet Valley Golf Course.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Dayton’s Historic Depot, originally built in 1881 and designed in the Stick-Eastlake style, it is now the oldest surviving passenger train station in the state.
- 0.30 mile(s) from The Boldman House Museum, this unique, Victorian house and garden offer a look into the past of the Boldman family and their carefully restored home to its original 1912 condition. the house and garden are now a community resource and educational showplace for all who visit.
- 0.10 mile(s) from The Liberty Theater, is home to current movies, art shows, children’s theater, and stage productions.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Smith Hollow School, the schoolhouse built in 1900 served grades 1-8 in the Smith Hollow School District until 1933 when the district consolidated with Dayton. the building was moved in 2010 and is now used as a one-room country school museum, meeting place and exhibit gallery
- 0.20 mile(s) from Palus Artifact Museum, offers a collection of locally found artifacts from the Palouse Indian tribe.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Fort Walla Walla Museum, step back in time. Visit Fort Walla Walla Museum and experience what life was like in Walla Walla during the 19th century.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Birding, the diverse variety of 310 bird species results from the nearby Blue Mountains as well as the Columbia and Snake Rivers.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Wineries/vineyards, over 170 wineries in the greater area of Walla Walla.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Azure Mountain, each small batch is carefully prepared, often using herbs from their garden or other local sources. Only the best quality essential oils and fine fragrance oils are included in their handcrafted artisan soap. Offering handcrafted botanical soaps, bath salts, soy candles and body butters.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Suffield’s Furniture, visit them for many of your home furnishing needs such as furniture and appliances. This, That & Collectibles located inside Suffield's Furniture, where you can discover treasures such as antiques, gifts and collectibles.
- 0.10 mile(s) from St. Vincent de Paul Store, this thrift shop is well-maintained and houses many treasures with proceeds benefiting local residents in need.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Dayton Historic Depot, the Depot Museum gift shop has great collectibles, gift items and books on local history.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Creative Designs, more than just a great hair salon. the store also offers handbags, jewelry, sunglasses, gently used clothing and much more!
- 0.20 mile(s) from Croft’s Floral, has been a family owned floral gift shop since 1952. Offering fragrant flowers, balloons, gourmet chocolates, Jelly Belly® candies, candles, fun hats and other great gifts.
- 0.20 mile(s) from The Village Shoppes, is located in the historic Hamilton Hardware Building with more than 26 shopkeepers who offer a variety of merchandise including antiques and collectibles, books, Yankee Candles, Jessica Steele, dolls, toys, baby items, stained glass, jewelry, soaps, local products and much, much more!
- 0.20 mile(s) from Hometown Carpets & More, providing carpets, rugs and floor materials.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Gallery at the Weinhard, original artwork by talented local artists Jill Ingram and Monica Stobie. Commissioned pieces, prints and cards also available.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Wenaha Gallery, has a spacious 2,000 square foot display area featuring a wide variety of fine art prints, original paintings, sculptures, gifts and custom framing
- 0.20 mile(s) from Elk Drug & Soda Fountain, in business over a century, this Dayton treasure does more than fill prescriptions. You can find great gifts and collectibles here too. Don't forget to grab a treat at the old-fashioned soda fountain! Rita's Revivals sections you can find up-cycled treasures with renewed functionality and beauty.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Jacci’s Yarn Basket, high quality wools, wool blends, alpaca, silk, cotton and acrylic yarns besides lot of specialty and sock yarns in a wide selection of colors.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Dingle’s of Dayton, For a unique shopping experience stop in at Dingle’s, your friendly store
- 2.00 mile(s) from IGA Grocery, full service grocery store
- 9.00 mile(s) from Waitsburg Hardware & Mercantile, offers a wide variety of hardware including electrical, plumbing, painting, gardening, and fishing/hunting supplies. Gifts and collectibles also available.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Hugs, Gifts & Collectible, affordable home decor, antiques, collectibles, Heritage lace, Burt's Bees, Crabtree & Evelyn, and holistic pet food.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Walmart®, they are a worldwide retail chain offering pharmacy, groceries, beer and wine (including local wines), tire and lube, domestics and more.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Main Street Furniture, offering new, custom and consignment furniture and accessories for your home.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Dusty's Ski & Rentals, strives to promote healthy outdoor lifestyles, be an outstanding community citizen and maintain a profitable business. Dusty's has been in business for almost 20 years!
- 30.00 mile(s) from Stash, offering new and seasoned quilters an array of fabrics to spark creative spirit
- 30.00 mile(s) from Macy's, clothing department store
- 30.00 mile(s) from Bicycle Barn, has 10,000 fun-filled square feet of bicycles and offers the best prices and service with American-made brands like TREK, Specialized Oakley, Redine BMX, WeThePeople BMX, and many others.
- 30.00 mile(s) from L & G Ranch Supply, we are a retail True Value hardware store.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Andy's Market, is a locally-owned grocery and health food store specializing in fresh, local produce, vegetarian foods, vitamins and health supplements
- 30.00 mile(s) from Klicker Berries & Antique, Klickers has top quality local produce, locally made food, and unusual gift items, including antiques.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.00 mile(s) from Touchet Valley Golf Course, this 9-hole course features 2,931 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 36.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lewis & Clark Trail State Park, a 37 acre camping park with 1,333 feet of fresh water shoreline on the Touchet River. The park is a rare treasure of old growth forest and river in the midst of the surrounding arid grassland.
- 16.00 mile(s) from Wenaha-Tucannon Wilderness, the Umatilla Forest is a short drive for multiple access to trailheads, camping and fishing.
- 16.00 mile(s) from Umatilla National Forest, short drive to plenty of camping, fishing, hiking, and hunting
- 20.00 mile(s) from Ski Bluewood, skiing and snowboarding
- 29.00 mile(s) from Western Life Outfitters, horseback riding
- 30.00 mile(s) from Hunting, local wildfowl for hunting include turkey, pheasant, and grouse. Deer and elk hunting are also very popular in this area with an occasional moose wandering through the region.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Snake River, waterskiing and other boating sports are very popular on the nearby Snake River
- 30.00 mile(s) from Cycling, tour of Walla Walla
- 30.00 mile(s) from Tucannon River, very popular fishing destination for Steelhead and Bull Trout
- 30.00 mile(s) from Borleske Stadium, this complex features facilities for baseball, football, track and field, soccer, outdoor concerts and other large scale events.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Tennis courts, are available at Pioneer Park, Memorial Athletic Complex, Jefferson Park, Menlo Park, Vista Terrace Park, Walla Walla High School, Whitman College, Pioneer and Garrison Middle Schools, Walla Walla Community College, Sager School, Walla Walla College and Kiwanis Park in College Place
- 38.00 mile(s) from Palouse Falls State Park, beautiful water falls just 38 miles outside of Dayton. Hiking and camping.
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Dayton, Washington hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Country Cupboard Bakery, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, A full service bakery, offers freshly made pastries and sandwiches on homemade bread in a friendly, hometown atmosphere. Salads, dips, and deli meats, cheeses and other specialty food items.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Manila Bay Cafe, cafe, International, open for: lunch, dinner, Offers eclectic cuisine with outstanding flavors and a beautiful presentation. Intimate dining in a friendly atmosphere.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Chief Spring's Brew Pub, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Offering great hand-crafted ales and grilled sandwiches, salads and soups. Wine and beverages served in a great turn of the century building and atmosphere. New outdoor patio in back.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Chief Spring's Pizza, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Incredible pizza and breadsticks as well as salad bar, sandwiches and other options available.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Dayton Eagle’s, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Offers dining in a casual atmosphere. Monday is taco night. Live music on most Friday and Saturday nights.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Weinhard Cafe, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Offers world class gourmet meals created from various inspirations made fresh daily. Enjoy a local wine with your delectable cuisine and afterward sample one or more of their famous homemade desserts. Comfortable attire and reservations encouraged.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Woody's Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Brings something new to Dayton with terrific hamburgers, sandwiches, steak and seafood. Enjoy beer, wine and cocktails with your meal in a relaxed, historic atmosphere. Live music/karaoke may be available on the weekends.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fiesta en Jalisco, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Offering authentic Mexican food. A wonderful, extremely diverse menu for lunch and dinner. Also, offering limited American food.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Patit Creek Restaurant, brasserie, Continental, open for: lunch, dinner, Eastern Washington's 4-Star restaurant is considered by many to be the finest in the Pacific Northwest. You will experience world class Continental cuisine in a friendly, intimate atmosphere. Enjoy seasonal specialties, a selection of local wines and fabulous desserts. Reservations strongly suggested.
- 2.00 mile(s) from LC @ The Green, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Enjoy lunch on the green of the Touchet Valley Golf Course. Terrific breakfast, hamburgers, sandwiches, steak and seafood.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Whiskey Creek Bar, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Offering a sports bar with great food in a family friendly environment. Outdoor seating also available.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Gleason's Galley, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Offering pastries biscuits & gravy in the morning and sandwiches for lunch. The dinner menu changes daily offering meatballs, chicken dishes and other tasty treats.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Whoopemup Hollow Cafe, cafe, Cajun, open for: lunch, dinner, Enjoy Southern Comfort food in a comfortable, friendly environment featuring local and regional wines, domestic and imported beers. Reservations strongly recommended.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Big Cheese Pizza, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Great pizzas, calzones, salads and desserts.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Jacobi's, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Casual excellence with homemade soups, salads & sandwiches. Italian pasta dishes as well as baby back ribs, chicken, steaks & seafood are offered.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Bacon & Eggs, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, Great offerings for breakfast and lunch in a cozy cafe atmosphere. Enjoy a breakfast cocktail or coffee and dishes made with locally grown ingredients.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Graze, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Your food will be fresh, honest, and very high quality. Our sandwich shop is where you will find the best sandwiches in town.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Andrae's Kitchen, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Walla Walla's first gourmet food truck! Available for catering all size of events, visit them at AK's at the Co-Op walk-in or drive thru.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Aloha Sushi, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, Offering appetizers, soups, salads, nigiri, teryiaki and over 30 unique sushi rolls.
BEST WESTERN Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Dayton. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Walla Walla Sweets vs. Wenatchee Applesox
Make your way to Borleske Stadium August 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for an exciting night of baseball. Watch as the Walla Walla Sweets take on the Wenatchee Applesox in a three-game series. Games start at 7:05 p.m., and tickets are $7-$12.
Make your way to Harmon Park in Spokane for the annual Hillyard Festival. Held August 5th through 7th, this eastern Washington festival features live music, food vendors, games, and is capped by the fireworks in the park on Sunday night.
Scottish Highland Games
Head for the Spokane County Fair & Expo Center on August 6th for the annual Scottish Highland Games. With a lively backdrop of bagpipe music, you can check out games, Celtic art, and even take Gaelic lessons.
National Lentil Festival
This summer, eastern Washington will be celebrating the lentil – with music. Visit Pullman over the weekend of August 19th and 20th for the annual National Lentil Festival. Held at Reaney Park, the NLF is in it’s 28th year, and features an array of lentil-themed fun – from the music, to the food and games.
Bodies: Human Anatomy in Motion
Enjoy a truly edifying experience the next time you visit Spokane. Head for the Moblus Science Center between August 20th and December 31st to see the exhibition Bodies: Human Anatomy in Motion. Open to the public each day of the week except for Monday, this show will thrill and entertain all members of the family.
Buddy Guy – Live!
See a living legend this summer in Spokane. Head for the Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox for a night to remember – Buddy Guy takes the stage to perform his hits. With a career spanning more than 50 years, Buddy Guy is an icon, legend, and transcendent figure in blues and rock ‘n’ roll. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. on August 21st.
Goodguys Great Northwest Nationals
If the rumble of a duel exhaust on an old 1968 Ford Fairlane gets your motor running, you’ll no doubt want to visit Spokane this summer. Over the weekend of August 19th through 21st, head for the Spokane County Fair & Expo Center for the annual Goodguys Great Northwest Nationals. This is arguably the premier car show this summer in Spokane.
Spokane County Interstate Fair
Late summer in Spokane means many things, but the most important might just be the local fair. From September 10th to 18th, head for the Spokane County Fair & Expo Center for the annual Spokane County Interstate Fair. You can access the fair from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day, except for the last day (18th) when it closes at 8 p.m.
Disney’s Beauty and The Beast
Visit the Spokane Civic Theatre this fall with the whole family. From September 9th through October 9th, you’ll have a chance to see a true classic: Beauty and The Beast. A Disney epic, Beauty and The Beast will have productions Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m., and Sundays features a 2 p.m. show.
Red Green’s, “I’m Not Old, I’m Ripe!”
Catch a performance by the legendary Red Green this summer in Spokane. Visit The Bing Theater near downtown on September 12th for Red Green’s “I’m Not Old, I’m Ripe!” show. It’s a mix of story telling, stand-up comedy, music, and maybe even a few of his friends. Show starts at 7 p.m.
Bonnie Raitt – Live
Don’t miss one of the concerts of the summer in Spokane. See the legendary Bonnie Raitt live on stage on September 14th at the INB Performing Arts Center. The effervescent Raitt brings her Dig In Deep tour to eastern Washington, and hits the stage at 7:30 p.m.
Washington State Chinese Lantern Festival
Explore the cultural diversity of eastern Washington when you visit this fall. Check out the popular Washington State Chinese Lantern Festival held at Riverfront Park. From September 16th through 30th, you’ll see 30 amazing displays, each with a unique and fun twist.
Washington State Cougars vs. Washington Huskies
Visit eastern WA late this November and prepare for the biggest college football rivalry around. On November 25th, the Washington State University Cougars host their biggest in-state rival: the Washington Huskies. Fall is a great time for college football action, and this game should be on your must-see list. Kickoff is 12:30 p.m. at Martin Stadium.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean