BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn
2408 Rudkin Road, Yakima, WA 98903-1610
Phone: 509/248-9700 | Fax: 509/248-3607 | 118 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Washington's wine country with premier wines is near our Yakima hotel, the perfect destination for wine enthusiasts!
Our Yakima hotel is located in a region that gets 300+ days of sunshine annually, making it the ultimate spot for group events, family fun, and business. A bountiful agricultural region, visitors enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature and some of the most delectable local fare imaginable. The Yakima Valley SunDome is just a few blocks away, and the annual Central Washington State Fair draws visitors to the Yakima Valley from around the country. Whether you are here to get away from it all, or for a special event or tournament, allow our staff the privilege of making you feel right at home.
Within walking distance of the Regional Valley Mall Shopping Center, our Yakima hotel is designed with convenience in mind. Recently remodeled guest rooms provide a touch of luxury, allowing guests ample amenities and all of the comforts of home. A daily, full hot breakfast is served just like a restaurant, and it gives guests the hearty, all-American start they need. From freshly made waffles, eggs & meat, to a cereal bar, pastries & yogurts, the meal is completed with fine 100% coffee, and fresh juices. Our outdoor pool & large enclosed grass courtyard area is a favorite for families, large groups & sports tournament teams.
WIAA State High School Championship Tournaments also take place in Yakima, and we welcome many golfers to town for our Apple Tree Golf Course "Stay & Play" Golf Packages, or for the many tournaments that they host annually. Race enthusiasts can enjoy Yakima Speedway, Renegade Raceways, and the State Fair Park Raceway. Yakima is also host to numerous AAU, Sports Forum, Soccer, Softball, and Baseball Tournaments.
Business travelers with the Perry Technical Institute, Yakima Valley Community College, PNW University of Health Sciences, and the Yakima Training Center also favor our Yakima hotel for convenience, comfort, safety, and value. Located just off Interstate 82, our Yakima hotel is within walking distance of all of the area's fine restaurants. Hiking, fishing, hunting & skiing opportunities, along with our central location in Washington State make us a popular choice for all travelers.
We would be honored to host you soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Outdoor pool heated, seasonal
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box available at the front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities, 1,200 square feet meeting/conference room
- Fax services
- Business center
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Mail services
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Interior corridor
- Laundromat, nominal fee per load (wash or dry), laundry soap available for purchase at the front desk
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Complimentary local newspaper
- High-speed Internet access (wireless and hardwired)
- Motor coach parking
- Laundry/valet service available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. for a nominal fee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus ahtanum inn in Yakima.
Apple Tree Stay and Play Golf-1 1 Night
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn is offering our Apple Tree Stay and Play Golf Package 1 for golfing on day of arrival. The Apple Tree Golf Course located in Yakima is one of the Pacific Northwest's premier golf experiences. Carved from the rolling terrain of 100 year-old orchards, Apple Tree has received a prestigious 4-star rating by Golf Digest. A signature apple-shaped par 3-17th hole features the world famous apple island green and has been named "Best Par Three" by the Seattle Times. Our Apple Tree Stay and Play Golf Package 1 include 18-holes of golf per person, shared golf cart, bucket of range balls and three-pack sleeve of logoed golf balls. We will assist with booking your tee time and helping you to have a memorable experience golfing and visiting the beautiful Yakima Valley.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus ahtanum inn in Yakima, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.566915 / Latitude: -120.474955
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-82 east Traveling westbound on Interstate 82, take Exit 36, the Valley Mall Boulevard exit. Circle through the roundabout and underneath the freeway. Enter the next roundabout, stay in the right lane. Continue on the roundabout until you get to Rudkin Road which runs parallel to the freeway. Take a right onto Rudkin Road. Continue north until you reach The BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn on the left located directly behind the Outback Steakhouse Restaurant.
From: I-82 west Traveling eastbound on Interstate 82, take Exit 36, the Valley Mall Boulevard exit. Stay in the far right lane as you exit the freeway. Make an immediate u-turn to the right onto Rudkin Road which runs directly parallel to the freeway. Continue north on Rudkin Road until you reach The BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn on the left located directly behind the Outback Steakhouse Restaurant.
From: Highway 97 south Traveling northbound on Highway 97, take the exit for Union Gap - Main Street which makes a large loop turn off of the freeway. Continue following the exit into Union Gap as it merges onto south Main Street. Continue traveling northbound on Main Street for approximately two miles. Turn right onto Valley Mall Boulevard. Travel straight through the first roundabout. At the second roundabout, stay in the far left lane. Circle through .75 of the roundabout and exit onto Rudkin Road which runs directly parallel to the freeway. Continue north on Rudkin Road until you reach The BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn on the left located directly behind the Outback Steakhouse Restaurant.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Mt. Rainier National Park, in the Washington Cascades, was established in 1899, as the fifth national park in America. The 14,000 foot Mount Rainier stratovolcano is the focal point in the park, along with its 25 major glaciers. Lace up your hiking boots for trekking along the 93-mile Wonderland Trail that encircles Mount Rainier or bring your climbing gear for incredible mountain climbing. Enjoy a scenic drive through this 368 square-mile park to visit Paradise, one of the most popular places in the park.
Take time to learn about this magnificent park by attending one of the ranger-led programs including, campfire programs, talks, guided walks and guided snowshoe walks. Discussions on the ecology, wildlife, geology and park history are among the topics. After a day of exploration, rest comfortably in a Best Western guest room in Ellensburg or Yakima.
Set on US Highway 12, the White Pass Ski Area is located within the Washington Cascades in south-central Washington – just 50 miles west of Yakima. Featuring a 2,000-foot vertical drop, and a top elevation of 6,500 feet, White Pass offers 45 runs across 1,400 skiable acres.
White Pass Washington is open daily from 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the ski season, and featuring night skiing during the holiday season. Ski through the Wenatchee National Forest at the White Pass Nordic Center, and enjoy two onsite terrain parks.
Established in 1952, the Yakima Valley Museum is located in the Yakima Valley – set in the Cascades region of southern Washington. A must-see during your time in Yakima, this 65,000-square-foot cultural center showcases the vast, valley history.
Yakima Valley Museum exhibits range from natural history and Native American heritage, to pioneer days and Yakima’s industry. Don’t miss the 1930s-era Museum Soda Fountain, stop by the Yakima Valley Museum Shop, and bring the kids in for the Story Time at The Museum! event.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.20 mile(s) from Majestic Movie Theater, one of Yakima’s major movie theaters showing blockbuster movies.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Central Washington Agricultural Museum, offers an extensive collection of farm machinery featuring a large hand-tool collection, an operating windmill, fruit-packing line, blacksmith shop, stationary diesel engines, and a log cabin railroad exhibit.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yakima Valley SunDome, this multi-purpose arena is a major venue in Yakima that hosts a variety of events including WIAA state tournaments, high school sporting competitions, cultural events, sportsmen and home shows, entertainment events, graduations, concerts, and more.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yakima Speedway, a half mile paved oval ASA (American Speed Association) race track hosts a variety of races from April to October. Yakima Speedway includes Super Late Models, Late Models, Street Stocks, Hobby Stocks, Hornets, Bump to Pass, WMRA Midgets, Modified, and Vintage racing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yakima County Stadium, this stadium hosts many championship baseball tournaments.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yakima Arboretum, this living museum and botanical garden boasts over 2000 different species of native and exotic trees and plants, including one of the region¿s few Japanese gardens.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Yakima Convention Center, conveniently located in downtown Yakima, this facility is home to a variety of conventions and events throughout the year.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Capitol Theater, this historic 1920s vaudeville theatre is home to a variety of performing arts events, including the Yakima Symphony Orchestra, the town hall series, community concerts, and spectacular Broadway touring productions.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Yakima Farmer's Market, this local farmer¿s market offers readily available Yakima produce and distinctive products from local artisans and businesses. The Yakima Farmer¿s Market operates in downtown Yakima each Sunday from May to October.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Larson Art Gallery, this local art gallery is located on the campus of Yakima Valley Community College and features a variety of local and regional artists throughout the year.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Yakima Valley Trolleys, experience an authentic early American streetcar ride. The Yakima Valley Trolley is America¿s last early 20th century interurban electric railroad.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Seasons Performance Hall, built using 17th century Italian architectural designs, this former church building is now home to a variety of jazz, classical, and other musical performances. The stained glass windows and high arching majestic ceiling provide the perfect ambiance for music and unparalleled natural acoustics.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Washington Wine Country, the Yakima Valley is one of the state¿s oldest and largest wine-growing regions and is currently home to more than 70 wineries. Seasonal wine packages are available through the hotel.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Yakima Valley Museum, this local museum explores every aspect of Yakima Valley heritage, from its natural history to American Indian culture to pioneer and early city life to the roots and development of the Valley¿s fruit industry. Enjoy a refreshing beverage at the 1930s style Soda Fountain.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Allied Arts of Yakima, Allied Arts of Yakima features a variety of community art shows, theatrical productions, art classes, and other special events throughout the year.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Toppenish City of Murals, this city of murals boasts over 70 life-size paintings that depict farming, aviation, rodeos, and numerous other historical landscapes. Placards posted near each scene offer historical details.
- 18.00 mile(s) from American Hop Museum, the Yakima Valley produces more than 70 percent of the hops in the United States. This museum is devoted to the crop¿s heritage and features murals, displays, photos, and implements that trace the history of the hop vine from the 1500s to today.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Legends Casino, central Washington¿s premier gaming and entertainment destination, Legends Casino offers over 1,200 slots, Vegas style table games, live keno, poker, and a great buffet.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Yakama Nation, with 10,000 enrolled members, the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation is one of the largest and most progressive tribes in the Pacific Northwest. The Yakama Nation Cultural Heritage Center is the best place to explore the important cultural influence of the Yakama Nation.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Fort Simcoe State Park, Fort Simcoe was established in the 1850s to maintain peace between the settlers and the region¿s native inhabitants. This 200-acre park is one of the most visited historical sites in the Yakima Valley and a rich source of Native American and military history.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Valley Mall, located just across the street, great shopping is within walking distance of our hotel. Shop Macy's, Cabela's Outpost, Sears, Old Navy, Pier One Imports, and more than 80 other specialty stores.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Yalimas Historic North Front Street, encourages visitors to explore by foot. Home to an array of emerging unique boutique and specialty shops, there are plenty of opportunities to shop, go wine tasting, eat a delicious meal, or enjoy live music.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Union Gap
- 7.00 mile(s) from Moxee
- 8.00 mile(s) from Selah
- 18.00 mile(s) from Toppenish
- 19.00 mile(s) from Naches
- 32.00 mile(s) from Sunnyside
- 40.00 mile(s) from Ellensburg
- 42.00 mile(s) from White Pass
- 46.00 mile(s) from Prosser
- 65.00 mile(s) from Goldendale
- 74.00 mile(s) from Richland
- 81.00 mile(s) from Pasco
- 83.00 mile(s) from Kennewick
- 100 mile(s) from Moses Lake
- 110 mile(s) from Wenatchee
- 130 mile(s) from Walla Walla
- 150 mile(s) from Seattle
- 160 mile(s) from Tacoma
- 175 mile(s) from Colfax
- 180 mile(s) from Portland, OR
- 190 mile(s) from Vancouver
- 190 mile(s) from Pullman
- 190 mile(s) from Olympia
- 200 mile(s) from Spokane
- 360 mile(s) from Boise, ID
- 4.00 mile(s) from YVCC, Yakima Valley Community College
- 3.00 mile(s) from Perry Technical Institute
- 20.00 mile(s) from Heritage University, Toppenish Campus
- 40.00 mile(s) from CWU, Central Washington University - Ellensburg
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Yakima Greenway, this 10-mile paved path follows the Yakima River and is perfect for walking, bicycling, running, inline skating, etc. With parks, lakes, playground equipment, and public facilities located along the trail, it’s also a great location for a picnic or special outing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ahtanum Youth Park, this multi-purpose facility can accommodate up to ten youth soccer fields or five full-sized soccer fields. The park also has three picnic shelters, playgrounds, two buildings available for rent, two tennis courts, six basketball courts, horseshoe pits, and a BMX track.
- 2.00 mile(s) from State Fair Park, this extensive fairground is home to the annual Central Washington State Fair which takes place from late September to early October. These grounds offer multiple turn of the century buildings that are also home to a variety of other events throughout the year.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yakima County Stadium, this stadium hosts many championship baseball tournaments.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Gateway Sports Complex, located just off of Interstate 82, this complex offers three state of the art softball fields, a concession stand, picnic areas, and restroom facilities.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Parker Field, located on the campus of Yakima Valley Community College, Parker Field is the home park for both the YVCC baseball program in the spring and the Yakima Beetles American Legion baseball program in the summer.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Franklin Pool, this is an L shaped outdoor pool that is primarily used for recreational swimming. Franklin pool also features a 112 foot water slide. It is typically open from May to September.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Renegade Raceway, the Yakima Valley¿s ¼ mile drag strip offers racing fans a range from local drivers racing street legal vehicles to Summit Racing Series events. Open from April to October, Renegade typically runs every other weekend.
- 7.00 mile(s) from River Ridge Golf Course, River Ridge is a nine hole, par 31 course that covers approximately 2186 yards. The course includes a four acre lake and bridges blended into the design to protect natural habitat. River Ridge has a clubhouse, pro shop, full bar, carts, and rental equipment.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Yakima Tennis Club, this local tennis club features eight indoor tennis courts and 13 outdoor tennis courts. In addition to local events for members, the Yakima Tennis Club hosts high school state championships, NCAA Division III Championships, Pacific Northwest Sectionals, and other special events.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Westwood Golf Course, Westwood is a nine hole public course, par 35. The course features a pro shop, cart and club rentals, and a driving range.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Apple Tree Golf Course, Apple Tree Golf Course is the region¿s finest golfing destination. An upscale public course, Apple Tree is known for its apple island green on its signature hole number 17. A par 72 course, Apple Tree blends ponds, streams, hills, trees, and large greens to create a challenging and beautiful round of golf. Apple Tree offers a full-service pro shop, a driving range, practice putting green, a snack bar, and a restaurant. Golf packages available through the hotel from April to October.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Meadowbrook Fun Center, this family friendly entertainment complex consists of a miniature golf course, arcade, batting cages, go-karts, and bumper boats.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Carlon Softball Field, Carlon Park Softball Field is home to the Greater Yakima Girls Softball Association, and is also recognized as one of the finest fastpitch facilities in the state.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Chesterley Park, this facility features six full-sized soccer fields. Chesterley Park is utilized for both adult and youth leagues and tournaments. The park also features playground equipment, picnic tables, restrooms, parking, and a large picnic shelter. The Chesterley Skate Park is also located on the grounds.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Suntides Golf Course, this public course is located eight miles west of Yakima off Highway 12. An eighteen hole par 70 course, Suntides is fairly flat and well-maintained. Suntides includes a pro shop, snack bar, cart rentals, driving range, practice putting green, a chipping green, and a banquet room.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Yakima River Fly Fishing, fly fishing is a popular activity on the Yakima River. A ¿blue-ribbon¿ trout stream, fishing enthusiasts enjoy pursuing rainbows and other trout. Typically a catch and release river, the Yakima is restricted to artificial flies and lures with barbless hooks.
- 20.00 mile(s) from White Water Rafting, Each September, water is released from Rimrock Lake down to the Tieton River, creating class III+ white water rapids. Rafting packages available through the hotel during the month of September.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Mt. Adams Country Club, located just outside of Toppenish, this course provides breath-taking views of Mt. Adams. This semi-private club offers a challenging 18 hole course with a par 72. Tight fairways reward those who can hit it straight.
- 42.00 mile(s) from White Pass Ski Resort, White Pass Ski Resort offers excellent Alpine and Nordic facilities in the winter. For those into Alpine skiing and snowboarding, White Pass has five lifts and a vertical drop of 1500 feet. During the summer months, White Pass Ski area is a popular destination for hikers and mountain bike riders.
- Adjacent to Outback Steakhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Subway®, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Gearjammer Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Sea Galley Restaurant, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Applebee's Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Denny's Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Mongolian Grill, Buffet, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Old Country Buffet, Buffet, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Shari's Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Old Town Station, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Taco Bell, Fast Food, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from McDonald's®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Carl's JR., Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.70 mile(s) from El Porton, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.70 mile(s) from New York Teriyaki, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Santiago's Restuarant, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Greystone Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Red Robin, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 9.00 mile(s) from Apple Tree Grill, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ahtanum Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Yakima. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean