BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
6125 Motor Avenue SW, Lakewood, WA 98499-1528
Phone: 253/584-2212 | Fax: 253/588-5546 | 78 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Whether you’re here for a concert at the Tacoma Dome or for a tournament at Chambers Bay Golf Course, our Lakewood hotel is conveniently close to all the top attractions.
Mount Rainier and Lakewold Gardens are both in the neighborhood, and ski bums and outdoor enthusiasts count on our Lakewood hotel to provide a superior value and service. Quiet and clean rooms with a colonial setting make you feel right at home. From the moment you arrive to the speedy check-out, our goal is to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Friendly staff members always go the extra mile.
The Joint Base Lewis-McChord is nearby, and being close to the military base is a major reason many of our Lakewood hotel guests choose us. We’re proud to host service men and women as well as their loved ones. Close to downtown Tacoma, it’s simple to duck into town for some fine dining, shopping or just to pick up essentials. Military family events happen year-round, and we’re happy to work with groups traveling for an event at the base.
Golf courses and sewing expo events are also common near our Lakewood hotel. From high school sports events to tradeshows, there’s always something exciting happening in this region. The Tacoma Dome High School Sport Event is looked forward to each year and brings together the best young athletes in the country. The BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn is located minutes from the Joint Base Lewis-McChord, so families can easily take advantage of the nearby attractions even if they’re here for business or training. Check out the Enchanted Parks, Point Defiance Park, Zoo and Aquarium.
Western State Hospital and Saint Claire Hospital attract medical patients from around the country. Our Lakewood hotel is a home away from home for visiting nurses, physicians and medical staff, too. Easy commutes can make a medical or business trip a little easier, and that’s what we promise.
Book a stay at the BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- High Speed Internet available
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, waffle, cereal, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, pastries
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in lobby - 24 hours
- Fireplace in breakfast room
- Complimentary newspaper choice of local/national newspapers
- Ice/vending machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold available free
- Guest laundry nominal fee, hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Late check out available
- Express check out
- Physically challenged facilities
- Truck/RV parking limited off street parking
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free parking
- Business services
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Electronic key card locks
- 24-hour security on call
- Computer with free Internet access in lobby 24-hours
- Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff Korean, Spanish and Phillipino
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western lakewood motor inn in Lakewood.
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
Conveniently located, the best western lakewood motor inn in Lakewood, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 47.17113 / Latitude: -122.521196
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north or south. If you are traveling from Interstate 5, take Exit 125 and turn West onto Bridgeport Way SW. Travel 2 miles to Gravelly Lake Drive. Make a left turn onto Gravelly Lake Drive. Go ¼ block and turn right onto Motor Avenue to the BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn.
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Also known as Boeing Field, King County International Airport (BFI) is a public airpark serving the Seattle metropolitan area. Set in the southern Seattle area, BFI is a major hub for cargo and general aviation – with some commercial service available.
Kenmore Air serves BFI, along with cargo lines like ABX Air, UPS Airlines, and Capital Cargo International Airlines. Constructed in 1928, BFI is also home to the Museum of Flight and several Boeing Company facilities.
One of the top destinations in Lakewood is the Lakewold Gardens. A 10-acre, non-profit estate found in the Puget Sound region, just along the western shore of Gravelly Lake, the Lakewold Gardens seek to maintain an inspirational experience for locals and visitors. Enjoy a unique learning and growth experience in a historic estate setting in Lakewood.
Designed by Eulalie Wagner, the Lakewold Gardens features a wealth of visually stunning and serene sections. You can explore the Knot Garden, where the herbs are trained to grow in a way where they look like ribbons. Don't miss the Boxwood Parterres, where the Boxwood plants are shaped into geometric shapes. Many visitors to the Lakewold Gardens particularly enjoy the Rhododendron Collection.
Covering 75,000 square feet, the Museum of Glass (MOG) is an art museum set in Tacoma near the western Washington coast. Established in 2002, the museum is divided into a 13,000-square-feet gallery space, and the iconic, cone-shaped 7,000-square-foot hot shop.
Permanent collections include the Kids Design Glass Collection, 20th and 21st Century Glass Collection, and works by Cappy Thompson. The Museum of Glass also features outdoor glass art like Fluent Steps, Water Forest, and the Chihuly Bridge Of Glass.
The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma, is one of the premier zoo and aquariums in the Northwest. Zoo visitors see a wide variety of animals in the collection of exhibits. They include the Asian Forest Sanctuary, Rocky Shores, Arctic Tundra, Red Wolves and the North & South Pacific Aquariums. Kids love touching the sea anemones and urchins in the tide pool and kids' zone, while young and old visitors alike, chuckle at the penguins waddling around.
The Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater offers a wonderful array of animal shows and performances. End the day with a gentle spin on the antique Carousel for more fun. Enjoy your time at this Washington Coast must-do attraction and rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
Opened in the spring of 1983, the Tacoma Dome is an iconic, multi-purpose arena set in Tacoma – just east of the Washington coast and south of the Seattle metropolitan area. Holding up to 23,000 spectators, wood-domed structure is one of the largest of its kind in the world.
Both owned and operated by the City of Tacoma’s Public Assembly Facilities Department, the Tacoma Dome is currently the “Preferred Concert Venue of the Pacific Northwest.”
The Tacoma Narrows Bridge first opened in 1950 in the westbound direction, crossing the Tacoma Narrows Strait. Puget Sound travelers on State Route 16, cross the bridge to reach Gig Harbor from Tacoma. The original 1940 bridge was known as "Galloping Gertie", due to the movement of the deck in high winds. It collapsed into Puget Sound after only 4 months of use. The 1940 and 1950 bridges were the world's third-longest suspension bridges, following the Golden Gate and George Washington Bridges.
The eastbound portion of this twin suspension bridge opened in 2007, after the area's growth exceeded the 1950 bridge's capacity. Vehicles traveling across the eastbound portion of the bridge pay a toll to cross, in efforts to help finance the bridge's construction. Stay close to the variety of Puget Sound attractions, in one of the area Best Western hotels and enjoy comfortable accommodations.
Each September in Puyallup, visitors from across the state and beyond make their way into town for the Washington State Fair. Continually ranking within the top-10 of state fairs across the US, the Washington State Fair sees just about 1.2 million guests each year. The Washington State Fair is 17 days long.
Find the Washington State Fairgrounds in Puyallup, at the southwest corner of Meridian and 9th Avenue SW – a short drive from nearby Lakewood. It's just south of Puyallup Garage Door Repair, and Cattin's Family Dining. At the Washington State Fair, discover a wealth of diverse fun – from the rodeos events, to the thrill rides, to everyone's favorite, the food vendors. The kiddos will certainly enjoy a visit to the petting zoo, while a slightly older crowd might enjoy the daily art shows and exhibits.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.3 mile(s) from Lakewood Towne Center, Lakewood Towne Center is conveniently located South of Tacoma and North of Olympia just off I-5 at exit 125, just off of Bridgeport Way SW, minutes from JBLM, and provides an excellent mix of over 40 stores of retail, restaurants, services, and entertainment. Enjoy a bite to eat at La Palma Mexican Restaurant, Five Guys, Panera Bread, or Old Country Buffet, and then see a movie at the renovated AMC Lowes theater that offers plush recliner chairs and a military discount after 4:00 PM.
- 2 mile(s) from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Joint Base Lewis-McChord is an U.S. military installation home to I Corps and 62d Airlift Wing located 9.1 miles south-southwest of Tacoma, Washington under the jurisdiction of the United States Army Joint Base Garrison, Joint Base Lewis-McChord
- 2 mile(s) from Lakewold Gardens, Located in Lakewood, Washington, Lakewold offers landscape architecture by Thomas Church surrounded by rare and native plants, State Champion trees, over 900 rhododendrons, 30 Japanese maples and stunning statuary. A Washington State historic landmark, Lakewold's Georgian-style mansion and historic architecture complete the 10 acres where visitors can step back in time to an elegant past or enjoy a relaxing moment to contemplate the future.
- 4 mile(s) from Sunnyside Beach, This beachfront park is one of two Steilacoom parks with access to the shoreline. The views of the Sound are spectacular, especially on a sunny day. You can also catch a glimpse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in the distance. The park is scattered with benches which offer peaceful moments of introspection. Jellyfish can be spotted along the shore and shell collectors can enjoy themselves hunting their treasures. For underwater divers this is a great beginner site or place to practice those skills due to the lack of protruding objects, the easy entry and it is not current sensitive.
- 6 mile(s) from Chambers Bay Golf Course, Designed to be a champion. The U.S. Open is coming to the Pacific Northwest for the first time in history. This is the course it was waiting for. Nestled on the shores of the Puget Sound, Chambers Bay was created to be an inspired tribute to the ancient linksland of Scotland. As host of the 2015 U.S. Open, it will test some of the greatest golfers in the world. And As one of the top public courses in Washington,it’s an experience you can enjoy again and again.
- 10 mile(s) from Tacoma Dome, The Tacoma Dome is an indoor arena located in Tacoma, Washington, USA, approximately 30 miles south of Seattle.
- 10 mile(s) from Western Washington Fairgr, The Washington State Fair is the largest single attraction held annually in the state of Washington. The fair continually ranks in the top ten largest fairs in the United States
- 10 mile(s) from Point Defiance Park, Zoo and Aquarium
- 29 mile(s) from Sea-Tac Airport
- 1 mile(s) from Lakewood Industrial Park
- 5 mile(s) from Puget Sound
- 10 mile(s) from Fort Nisqually
- 10 mile(s) from Japanese Gardens
- 15 mile(s) from Enchanted Parks, Wild Wave, Northwest Trek Wildlife Sanctuary
- 20 mile(s) from Olympic, Peninsula
- 26 mile(s) from Bremerton Naval Base
- 40 mile(s) from Seattle Pike Place Market, Space Needle
- 70 mile(s) from Mt. Ranier National Park and Pacific Ocean
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2 mile(s) from McChord
- 5 mile(s) from Ft. Lewis
- 22 mile(s) from Olympia
- 40 mile(s) from Seattle
- 10 mile(s) from Amazon fulfillment center, Located in Dupont
- 10 mile(s) from Intel, 2800 Center Dr, DuPont, WA 98327
- 8 mile(s) from Pierce College, Ft. Steilacoom campus
- 12 mile(s) from Pacific Lutheran Universi
- 10 mile(s) from Tacoma Community College, Located in Tacoma
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 40 mile(s) from Seattle, If you like a city setting, try downtown Seattle. Whether you have a couple of hours or a couple of days, downtown Seattle is the place to go. Walk around downtown and you can find the Seattle Space Needle and the Seattle Aquarium. Enjoy lunch on the observatory deck on the needle while taking in the view. If you like seafood try the Pick Place Market. Other entertainment includes shopping, dinning, nightliffe and much more.
- 1 to 50 mile(s) from multiple casinos, try Muckelshoot casino in Auburn. Enjoy over 1,000 slot machines, 52 tables, live music weekly, three restaurants and much more. For additional information, please call 1-800-804-4944, or try their website.
- 0.1 mile(s) from Indian Cuisine
- 0.1 mile(s) from McDonald's
- 0.1 mile(s) from Jack in the Box
- 0.1 mile(s) from Wendy's
- 0.1 mile(s) from Arby's
- 0.1 mile(s) from A&W
- 0.1 mile(s) from Burger King, McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Arby's, A&W, Taco Bell, KFC
- 0.1 mile(s) from Taco Bell
- 0.1 mile(s) from KFC
- 0.1 mile(s) from Pizza Hut
- 0.2 mile(s) from Applebee's
- 0.3 mile(s) from LaPalma, Mexican
- 0.3 mile(s) from Threeponds, Chinese
- 0.3 mile(s) from Mimi's Kitchen, Italian
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lakewood. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Vancouver Farmers Market Explore booths of fresh flowers, fruit, vegetables, and baked goods in Downtown Vancouver. Times vary.
April - November 2014
Thurston County Flea Market Find that unique something you have been looking for at this traditional flea market. Open Saturdays at 9 a.m. and Sundays at 10 a.m.
Motley Crue: The Final Tour Motley Crue takes the stage at the Sleep Country Amphitheater at 7 p.m.
3 Days of Aloha- Ho'lke and Hawaiian Festival Esther Short Park fills with visitors enjoying arts, crafts, food, traditional Hawaiian games, and music. Events begin at 10 a.m.
Old Settlers Picnic Come on out to Pioneer Park for this event celebrating the old ways with tours of authentic cabins, a parade, and a classic car show among the various forms of entertainment. Event times vary.
Pacific NW Mushroom Festival This fun festival kicks off the night of the 25th with the "Grow in the Dark 5K" and then continues through the weekend with cooking demonstrations, educational speakers, and entertainment for the kiddos. It all happens at the Regional Athletic Complex in Lacey. Event times vary.
July 10 - August 21, 2014
Uptown Summer Concert Series Enjoy music under the evening sky in Uptown Gig Harbor as local musicians play from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Wine & Food Festival This festival will be held on the lawn of the Harbor History Museum and will feature Chef Tom Douglas. Times vary per location.
Cosmo 7K This fun 21 and over event starts at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site and ends with delicious Cosmos. Start time is 5 p.m.
RSVP Bike Race This two-day bike ride departs from the University of Washington and heads towards Vancouver. The starting line is open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Northwest Washington Fair The Northwest Washington Fair and Event Center in Lynden hosts this family fun event full of games, music, and entertainment. Event times vary.
Everett Craft Beer Festival Downtown Everett fills with 30 different Washington breweries offering tastes of over 100 brews. The suds start flowing at noon.
North Country Wine Run Enjoy this half marathon at 9 a.m. or the 9K at 9:30 that begins at the Schumacher Farm.
Bellingham Bay Marathon Choose one of three different lengths, marathon, half marathon, or 5K, and run along a beautiful path around Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands with mountain views.
Race for a Soldier Join in on this half-marathon through Gig Harbor and help raise awareness of PTSD in our soldiers that return home. It starts across the street from the Y at 7:45 a.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean