BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
6125 Motor Avenue SW, Lakewood, WA 98499-1528
Phone: 253/584-2212 | Fax: 253/588-5546 | 78 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Whether you're here for a concert at the Tacoma Dome or for a tournament at Chambers Bay Golf Course, our Lakewood, WA hotel is conveniently close to all the top attractions.
Mount Rainier and Lakewold Gardens are both in the neighborhood, and ski bums and outdoor enthusiasts count on our Lakewood, WA hotel to provide a superior value and service. Quiet and clean rooms with a colonial setting make you feel right at home. From the moment you arrive to the speedy check-out, our goal is to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Friendly staff members always go the extra mile.
The Joint Base Lewis-McChord is nearby, and being close to the military base is a major reason many of our Lakewood, WA hotel guests choose us. We're proud to host service men and women as well as their loved ones. Close to downtown Tacoma, it's simple to duck into town for some fine dining, shopping or just to pick up essentials. Military family events happen year-round, and we're happy to work with groups traveling for an event at the base.
Golf courses and sewing expo events are also common near our Lakewood, WA hotel. From high school sports events to trade shows, there's always something exciting happening in this region. The Tacoma Dome High School Sport Event is looked forward to each year and brings together the best young athletes in the country. The BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn is located minutes from the Joint Base Lewis-McChord, so families can easily take advantage of the nearby attractions even if they're here for business or training. Check out the Enchanted Parks, Point Defiance Park, Zoo and Aquarium.
Western State Hospital and Saint Claire Hospital attract medical patients from around the country. Our Lakewood, WA hotel is a home away from home for visiting nurses, physicians and medical staff, too. Easy commutes can make a medical or business trip a little easier, and that's what we promise.
Book a stay at the BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn! Welcome to Best Western!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- High Speed Internet available
- Complimentary continental breakfast, Breakfast sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, choice of breads, waffles, cereals, granola, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee and pastries
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in lobby - 24 hours
- Fireplace in breakfast room
- Complimentary newspaper choice of local/national newspapers
- Ice/vending machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold available free
- Guest laundry nominal fee, hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Outdoor pool Heated Open from Memorial day to Labor day.
- Late check out available
- Express check out
- Physically challenged facilities
- Truck/RV parking limited off street parking
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free parking
- Business services
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Electronic key card locks
- 24-hour security on call
- Computer with free Internet access in lobby 24-hours
- Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff Korean, Spanish and Phillipino
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western lakewood motor inn in Lakewood.
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
Conveniently located, the best western lakewood motor inn in Lakewood, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 47.17113 / Latitude: -122.521196
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north or south. If you are traveling from Interstate 5, take Exit 125 and turn West onto Bridgeport Way SW. Travel 2 miles to Gravelly Lake Drive. Make a left turn onto Gravelly Lake Drive. Go ¼ block and turn right onto Motor Avenue to the BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn.
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
One of the top destinations in Lakewood is the Lakewold Gardens. A 10-acre, non-profit estate found in the Puget Sound region, just along the western shore of Gravelly Lake, the Lakewold Gardens seek to maintain an inspirational experience for locals and visitors.
Enjoy a unique learning and growth experience in a historic estate setting in Lakewood. Designed by Eulalie Wagner, the Lakewold Gardens features a wealth of visually stunning and serene sections. You can explore the Knot Garden, where the herbs are trained to grow in a way where they look like ribbons.
Don't miss the Boxwood Parterres, where the Boxwood plants are shaped into geometric shapes. Many visitors to the Lakewold Gardens particularly enjoy the Rhododendron Collection.
Covering 75,000 square feet, the Museum of Glass (MOG) is an art museum set in Tacoma near the western Washington coast. Established in 2002, the museum is divided into a 13,000-square-feet gallery space, and the iconic, cone-shaped 7,000-square-foot hot shop.
Permanent collections include the Kids Design Glass Collection, 20th and 21st Century Glass Collection, and works by Cappy Thompson. The Museum of Glass also features outdoor glass art like Fluent Steps, Water Forest, and the Chihuly Bridge Of Glass.
Founded in 1905, the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma, is one of the premier zoo and aquariums in the Pacific Northwest. Zoo visitors see a wide variety of animals in the collection of exhibits.
The zoo features the Asian Forest Sanctuary, Rocky Shores, Arctic Tundra, Red Wolves, and the North & South Pacific Aquariums. Kids love touching the sea anemones and urchins in the tide pool and kids' zone, while young and old visitors alike, chuckle at the penguins waddling around.
The Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater offers a wonderful array of animal shows and performances. End the day with a quick spin on the antique Carousel for last-minute fun.
Holding up to 23,000 spectators, wood-domed structure is one of the largest of its kind in the world.
Both owned and operated by the City of Tacoma’s Public Assembly Facilities Department, the Tacoma Dome is currently the “Preferred Concert Venue of the Pacific Northwest.”
Tacoma Narrows Bridge
First opened in 1950, the iconic Tacoma Narrows Bridge crosses the Tacoma Narrows Strait.
The original 1940 bridge – known as "Galloping Gertie" – and 1950 bridge were the world's third-longest suspension bridges (following the Golden Gate and George Washington Bridges).
Enjoy views of this iconic bridge from the Tacoma Narrows Park.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.3 mile(s) from Lakewood Towne Center, Lakewood Towne Center is conveniently located South of Tacoma and North of Olympia just off I-5 at exit 125, just off of Bridgeport Way SW, minutes from JBLM, and provides an excellent mix of over 40 stores of retail, restaurants, services, and entertainment. Enjoy a bite to eat at La Palma Mexican Restaurant, Five Guys, Panera Bread, or Old Country Buffet, and then see a movie at the renovated AMC Lowes theater that offers plush recliner chairs and a military discount after 4:00 PM.
- 2 mile(s) from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Joint Base Lewis-McChord is an U.S. military installation home to I Corps and 62d Airlift Wing located 9.1 miles south-southwest of Tacoma, Washington under the jurisdiction of the United States Army Joint Base Garrison, Joint Base Lewis-McChord
- 2 mile(s) from Lakewold Gardens, Located in Lakewood, Washington, Lakewold offers landscape architecture by Thomas Church surrounded by rare and native plants, State Champion trees, over 900 rhododendrons, 30 Japanese maples and stunning statuary. A Washington State historic landmark, Lakewold's Georgian-style mansion and historic architecture complete the 10 acres where visitors can step back in time to an elegant past or enjoy a relaxing moment to contemplate the future.
- 4 mile(s) from Sunnyside Beach, This beachfront park is one of two Steilacoom parks with access to the shoreline. The views of the Sound are spectacular, especially on a sunny day. You can also catch a glimpse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in the distance. The park is scattered with benches which offer peaceful moments of introspection. Jellyfish can be spotted along the shore and shell collectors can enjoy themselves hunting their treasures. For underwater divers this is a great beginner site or place to practice those skills due to the lack of protruding objects, the easy entry and it is not current sensitive.
- 6 mile(s) from Chambers Bay Golf Course, Designed to be a champion. The U.S. Open is coming to the Pacific Northwest for the first time in history. This is the course it was waiting for. Nestled on the shores of the Puget Sound, Chambers Bay was created to be an inspired tribute to the ancient linksland of Scotland. As host of the 2015 U.S. Open, it will test some of the greatest golfers in the world. And As one of the top public courses in Washington,it’s an experience you can enjoy again and again.
- 10 mile(s) from Tacoma Dome, The Tacoma Dome is an indoor arena located in Tacoma, Washington, USA, approximately 30 miles south of Seattle.
- 10 mile(s) from Western Washington Fairgr, The Washington State Fair is the largest single attraction held annually in the state of Washington. The fair continually ranks in the top ten largest fairs in the United States
- 10 mile(s) from Point Defiance Park, Zoo and Aquarium
- 29 mile(s) from Sea-Tac Airport
- 1 mile(s) from Lakewood Industrial Park
- 5 mile(s) from Puget Sound
- 10 mile(s) from Fort Nisqually
- 10 mile(s) from Japanese Gardens
- 15 mile(s) from Enchanted Parks, Wild Wave, Northwest Trek Wildlife Sanctuary
- 20 mile(s) from Olympic, Peninsula
- 26 mile(s) from Bremerton Naval Base
- 40 mile(s) from Seattle Pike Place Market, Space Needle
- 70 mile(s) from Mt. Ranier National Park and Pacific Ocean
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 40 mile(s) from Seattle, If you like a city setting, try downtown Seattle. Whether you have a couple of hours or a couple of days, downtown Seattle is the place to go. Walk around downtown and you can find the Seattle Space Needle and the Seattle Aquarium. Enjoy lunch on the observatory deck on the needle while taking in the view. If you like seafood try the Pick Place Market. Other entertainment includes shopping, dinning, nightliffe and much more.
- 1 to 50 mile(s) from multiple casinos, try Muckelshoot casino in Auburn. Enjoy over 1,000 slot machines, 52 tables, live music weekly, three restaurants and much more. For additional information, please call 1-800-804-4944, or try their website.
- 0.1 mile(s) from Indian Cuisine
- 0.1 mile(s) from McDonald's
- 0.1 mile(s) from Jack in the Box
- 0.1 mile(s) from Wendy's
- 0.1 mile(s) from Arby's
- 0.1 mile(s) from A&W
- 0.1 mile(s) from Burger King, McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Arby's, A&W, Taco Bell, KFC
- 0.1 mile(s) from Taco Bell
- 0.1 mile(s) from KFC
- 0.1 mile(s) from Pizza Hut
- 0.2 mile(s) from Applebee's
- 0.3 mile(s) from LaPalma, Mexican
- 0.3 mile(s) from Threeponds, Chinese
- 0.3 mile(s) from Mimi's Kitchen, Italian
BEST WESTERN Lakewood Motor Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lakewood. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Winter Fanta-Sea
A festive holiday market featuring more than 70 arts and crafts booths at the Ocean Shores Convention Center. The market start time is TBA.
2015 Parade of Lighted Ships
Check out the this unique holiday light parade, hosted by the Olymipa Yacht Club. The parade runs along the West Bay of the Budd Inlet. The parade begins at 6 p.m.
2015 Festival of Trees
Visitors of Lakewood and Puyallup should head over o the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center for a weekend of festive decorated trees and other holiday treats. The tree festival opens at 9 a.m. the first day and 11 a.m. the second.
2015 Winter Brewfest
What's sure to be a fun-filled festival, Winter Brewfest will feature holiday craft brews and other specialty brews at the Esther Short Park in Vancouver. Festival start time is TBA.
2016 Resolution Run 5K & Polar Bear Dive
This New Year's Day, head over to Magnuson Park in Seattle for fun-filled day featuring a 5K, polar bear plunge into Lake Washington, post-race party including beer garden, kids' activities, and more. The race begins at 10:30 a.m.
2016 Free State Parks
Washington's incredible state parks will be free of admission for two straight days in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day this coming January. Bay View, Tolmie, and other Seattle-area state parks are must sees this time of year.
2016 Youngstown Thrive
West Seattle's Youngstown Cultural Arts Center is set to host a day of family-friendly activities, music, food, drinks, and even a beer garden, all celebrating the center's birthday. The party begins at 5 p.m.
2016 Red Wine & Chocolate Festival
The Carpenter Creek Winery in Mount Vernon is set to host their annual Red Wine and Chocolate Festival, featuring locally crafted red wines and delicious treats.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean