Best Western Heritage Inn
151 E McLeod Road, Bellingham, WA 98226-5520
Phone: +1 360-647-1912 | Fax: 360/671-3878 | 90 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Choose this luxurious, yet affordable Bellingham hotel and delight in a charming atmosphere and being near Bellis Fair Mall and the Canadian border.
Boasting superior accommodations, you'll feel more than at home at the Best Western Heritage Inn. The beautifully decorated and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Washington hotel offer satellite television with HBO® on a 43-inch flat screen television, free wireless internet, a microwave, a refrigerator, a desk and more. Get the perfect start to each day with a complimentary full breakfast.
On the banks of Baker Creek, serenity awaits at the outdoor heated seasonal pool surrounded by lush greenery. If you're looking to relax, a soothing glass-enclosed hot tub allows you to unwind while taking in the stunning scenery. Additionally, our property offers a 24-hour exercise facility, guest laundry, a 24-hour business center and much more.
Bellingham is known for its stunning landscape, sparkling lakes, invigorating recreational activities and short drives to Mt. Baker Ski Area or Canada. Best Western Heritage Inn puts you in the center of it all. Make your trip especially memorable by partaking in the area's whale watching tours or visiting the nearby San Juan Islands.
Treat yourself to some retail therapy during your stay - Bellis Fair Mall is adjacent to this Bellingham hotel. If you're looking for a convenient and delightful meal, there are five restaurants within walking distance. Many guests also stay for the area's events, including the Ski to Sea Race, Northwest Washington Fair and Whatcom Soccer Association tournaments.
Those traveling for work will be near many of the area's corporate locations, including Western Washington University, BP, ConocoPhillips, St. Joseph's Hospital and more. Just a few minutes from Bellingham International Airport, you'll also be sure to travel with ease.
For a memorable time in Bellingham, reserve a stay at Best Western Heritage Inn today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Includes assorted fresh breads, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausages, waffles, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee and teas. A small selection of gluten-free items available upon request.
- Airport car 24 hours
- Outdoor pool Heated Seasonal
- 24-hour front desk
- Meeting facilities Boardroom
- Fax service, small fee may apply
- Business center
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Late check out based upon availability.
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Hot tub Year-round hot tub
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Ice/vending machines
- Exercise facility 24 Hour
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Guest laundry
- Inter corridor
- Porterage/bell services
- Express check out
- Fax machine
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Equipment rental
- Hearing impaired services TDD phones
- Physically challenged facilities Pool and hot tub lifts
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free parking, night of stay
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Car charging station
Best Western Heritage Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western heritage inn in Bellingham.
Sleep and Fly Package 1 Night
Flying out for a relaxing weekend or a long business trip? We have made it easier and more economical with our Sleep and Fly Package. Our Sleep and Fly Package includes parking for up to 10 days ($5 per day beyond 10 days) and complimentary 24/7 shuttle transportation to and from the airport. During your stay you will enjoy a complimentary full hot breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi and an indoor hot tub. Print out your boarding pass before you go in our business center. Whether it is for business or pleasure, let us help take the worry out of getting to the airport on time and start your trip off right!
Best Western Heritage Inn
Conveniently located, the best western heritage inn in Bellingham, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 48.783355 / Latitude: -122.483885
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Northbound Interstate 5. Take Meridian exit (Exit 256A) North to Telegraph Road and turn right, go 0.10 miles. The Best Western Heritage Inn is on the right.
From: Southbound Interstate 5. Take Guide Meridian Exit 256. Turn left on to McLeod Road. Turn left at light on to Guide Meridian. Turn right at Telegraph Road. The Best Western Heritage Inn is approximately 0.10 miles down on the right hand side.
Best Western Heritage Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
As you embark on your next trek through the Puget Sound region of Washington, be sure to plan for some time in Bellingham. When you adventure plans involve a cruise – ideal in summer – be sure to head for the Bellingham Cruise Terminal. Built in 1989, the Bellingham Cruise Terminal is located within the Historic Fairhaven District. It is more commonly known as the BCT.
Travelers enjoying road trips along the Alaska Marine Highway System often make stops at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal to stretch legs, rest weary eyes, refuel, and enjoy snacks or meals from nearby restaurants. You'll find seasonal ferries and boat charters at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal yielding access to the San Juan Islands.
Located in Whatcom County, Bellingham International Airport (BLI) is a public airpark serving the city of Bellingham, and other communities in the Puget Sound. BIL features one terminal and runway, and is served by major airlines like Alaska, Allegiant, and Frontier.
BIL is also home to the Washington Air National Guard and the 262nd Combat Communications Squadron. Along with general aviation, BIL features the Northwest Sky Ferry and San Juan Airlines.
Established in 2003, the Bellingham Railway Museum began when a group of railroad enthusiasts set up a G gauge display in the American Museum of Radio & Electricity. The museum relocated to the downtown Bellingham Parkade location a year later.
Stroll through the museum to see the railroad lantern exhibit, the Centennial exhibit, the train simulator, the Lionel and tinplate trains, and the five-inch scale lumber models. A unique stop in the Washington Cascades, the impressive G scale layout is the museum's largest.
Opened in 1988, Bellis Fair Mall is one of the largest shopping centers in all of Bellingham. On your next trek across northern Washington and the Puget Sound, make a stop at Bellis Fair Mall and enjoy a mini shopping spree. You'll find all of the major stores at Bellis Fair like Macy's, and J.C. Penney.
As you explore Bellis Fair Mall, be sure to take in a movie at Bellis Fair Cinemas, check out any of the tasty food selections, and let the kids roam around at the Children's Play Area. Many people enjoy the Red Robin, while Boston's Restaurant & Sports Bar is a great spot to watch as game if the family is shopping away.
Plan your next trip into Bellingham and enjoy the sites of the Puget Sound area and northern Washington. No matter the time of year you visit, plan on exploring Fairhaven. A popular historic, tourist, shopping, and dining district just inland of Bellingham Bay, Fairhaven is overseen by the Historic Fairhaven Association, a non-profit.
There's enough to see and do at Fairhaven to keep you occupied all day. You can check out the Artwood Gallery, the Fairhaven Antique Mall, or the Fairhaven Rug Gallery. Check out the San Juan Cruises if you wanted to try a whale watching trip, the Japanese Gardens Coffeehouse is popular, and the Community Boating Center is the place for kayak rentals.
Make the most of your next stay in Bellingham and check out the Mount Baker Theatre. As you explore the Puget Sound region, you'll no doubt want to head for the Mount Baker Theatre – a top destination in Bellingham. Hosting staged performances and other events since 1927, the Mount Baker Theatre has two main components: the Walton Theatre and the Main Theatre.
The Main Theatre seats 1,509 people and features a large stage which faces the balcony seats, and the main floor. The Walton Theatre is much more quaint, holding just 200 people. You'll find the Mount Baker Theatre on the NE corner of Champion Street and Commercial Street. An iconic local establishment, the Mount Baker Theatre was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Mt. Baker Ski Area
A 1,000-acre ski area, the Mt. Baker ski resort in set in the Puget Sound region of northern Washington.
Just over an hour from Bellingham on State Route 542, Mt. Baker Ski Area features 31 runs – and receives roughly 641 inches of annual snowfall.
Mt. Baker visitors are welcome to the White Salmon Base Area and Heather Meadows Base Area.
With a top elevation of 5,089 feet, and a vertical drop of 1,589 feet, Mt. Baker is open from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – November through April.
North Cascades National Park
The park is one of three National Park Service areas making up the North Cascades National Park Service Complex.
The park houses several large bodies of water, including the Skagit River, Lake Chelan, and three large reservoirs, making it ideal for water recreation.
Other sites of interest within the park include the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center, Ross Lake, and North Cascades Institute.
The Oyster Dome Trail, located south of Bellingham, encompasses over six miles through the Chuckanuts Mountains. Hikers along this maintained trail can reach the summit of Oyster Dome, a natural landmark, after 6.5 miles.
Be sure to bring your camera to capture the beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains, the Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands. This Puget Sound area trail climbs an elevation of 1,900 feet, reaching an elevation of 2,025 feet at the summit. After approximately two miles of hiking, take a minute to admire the incredible views from the Samish Overlook.
Plan your next trip to Washington and head for Bellingham. A tremendous city with plenty to see and do near the Puget Sound, Bellingham is home to the Squalicum Harbor. Situated on the northern crest of Bellingham Bay, Squalicum Harbor is a full-service marina. You'll find more than 1,400 boats stationed at Squalicum Harbor.
Always looking out for the environment, Squalicum Harbor is a five-star EnviroStars harbor, making it one of the most green ports in the state. As you explore Squalicum Harbor, be sure to check out some major highlights. The Squalicum Harbor Fishermen's Memorial is always popular, and Zuanich Point Park is great for summer picnics.
Western Washington University
The 215-acre campus is home to more than 14,0000 students studying for undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from the many university colleges.
The College of Business & Economics, the College of Fine & Performing Arts, the College of Sciences & Technology, the College of Humanities & Social Sciences, the Woodring College of Education are just a few of the fine colleges on campus.
The WWU Vikings compete in a variety of sports, as a member of the NCAA Division II. Check out the campus and cheer on the Vikings during an exciting baseball, soccer, volleyball, or basketball game.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2 mile(s) from Downtown Bellingham
- 6 mile(s) from Lake Padden
- 7 mile(s) from Lake Whatcom
- 9 mile(s) from San Juan Isle Pass Ferry
- 10 mile(s) from Northwest Washington Fair
- 15 mile(s) from Squalicum Lake and Lummi
- 0.1 mile(s) from Bellis Fair Shopping Mall, 1 block from hotel
- 28.7 mile(s) from The Outlet Shoppes, Located south of Bellingham, in Burlington, WA
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2 mile(s) from Golf Courses
- 1 mile(s) from Cornwall Park, Equipped with a play structure for children. Park includes a 9-hole Frisbee Golf Course. Variety of trails for walking, pet friendly.
- .9 mile(s) from Park Bowl
- .9 mile(s) from Trampoline Zone
- 2.7 mile(s) from SPARK Museum, Offers children and adults of all ages a hands-on experience and education of electric inventions and innovations that have changed the course of human history.
- 5 mile(s) from Silver Reef Casino
- 8 mile(s) from Whale Watching Tours, seasonal
- 45 mile(s) from Mt. Baker Ski Area
- 72 mile(s) from Whistler Blackcomb Skiing
- Adjacent to Mi Mexico, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Thai House Restaurant, Full Service, Thai, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Denny's, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.1 mile(s) from Shari's Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.1 mile(s) from Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .1 mile(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .1 mile(s) from Boston's Pizza, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Olive Garden Italian Rest, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.1 mile(s) from Asian 1, Full Service, Thai, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.3 mile(s) from Black Forest Steak House, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Boundary Bay Brewery, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.2 mile(s) from Anthoney's HomePort, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.8 mile(s) from D'anna's Cafe Italiano, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
Best Western Heritage Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Bellingham. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean