BEST WESTERN College Way Inn
300 W College Way, Mount Vernon, WA 98273-5424
Phone: 360/424-4287 | Fax: 360/424-6036 | 65 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this Mount Vernon, Washington hotel and enjoy a host of convenient amenities while traveling.
The BEST WESTERN College Way Inn is located off Interstate 5 in Mount Vernon, Washington with easy access to key area attractions such as Skagit Speedway, the San Juan Islands, North Cascade National Park, the Canadian border and Deception Pass. Other nearby recreational activities include whale watching, kayaking and golfing.
Each well-appointed room features cable TV with HBO®, free long distance access, toiletries, iron/ironing board, free high-speed Internet access, coffee/tea maker and hairdryer. Guest will appreciate the heated outdoor pool and spa as well as the complimentary continental breakfast each morning.
A friendly staff is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay whether attending the local Tulip Festival, Highland Games or Skagit County Fair.
Make an online reservation today at the BEST WESTERN College Way Inn in Mount Vernon, Washington. Enjoy your stay with us.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items.
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool open year round, heated early/mid-June through early/mid-September
- Hot tub Year-round hot tub (no jets)
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Truck/RV parking
- Business services
- Fax services, Complimentary incoming fax, International outgoing fax, $5.00, local outgoing fax for $1.00 in lobby.
- Photocopy services
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free Parking Available
- Exterior corridor
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Complimentary coffee in lobby
BEST WESTERN College Way Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western college way inn in Mount Vernon.
BEST WESTERN College Way Inn
Conveniently located, the best western college way inn in Mount Vernon, Washington is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 48.435825 / Latitude: -122.344235
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 5. Take Exit 227. The BEST WESTERN College Way Inn is located 500 feet west of the freeway.
BEST WESTERN College Way Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Built in 1926, the Lincoln Theatre in Mount Vernon is a landmark attraction for the Puget Sound region. A multi-purpose venue, the Lincoln Theatre is found near downtown Mount Vernon, just west of I-5 on northeast corner of Kincaid Street and Cleveland Avenue. It was originally meant to showcase silent films and vaudeville performances.
In 2013 the Lincoln Theatre underwent a "Digital Futures Initiative," where they transitioned to digital projection – no more reel-to-reel. The Lincoln Theatre features an active and busy calendar throughout the year. From live music and dance performances, to film screenings, the Lincoln Theatre is a popular destination for art lovers.
Located in northwestern Washington near the towns of Mount Vernon and Omak, the North Cascades National Historical Park preserves a large portion of the North Cascades mountain range. The park is one of three National Park Service areas making up the North Cascades National Park Service Complex.
The park houses several large bodies of water, including the Skagit River, Lake Chelan, and three large reservoirs, making it ideal for water recreation. Other sites of interest within the park include the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center, Ross Lake, and North Cascades Institute.
Just outside of Mount Vernon, nestled along the eastern ridge of the Padilla Bay, you'll find the Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve. Travel along Bayview Edison Road, just north of Josh Wilson Road and you're there. The Padilla Bay is a delta on the Sakgit River, which is fed from the Salish Sea.
The Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve is one of the biggest and most important estuaries along the Puget Sound. An Estuary is, basically, an ecosystem of physical and biological environments developed in areas where rivers meet seas. Reserved exclusively for research and educational purposes, the Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve features 8,004 acres, and is home to the Breazeale Interpretive Center.
The Seattle Premium Outlets is a mega shopping center in Tulalip, a short drive from Mount Vernon. As you explore the Puget Sound region of Washington, plan on visiting the Seattle Premium Outlets and nab yourself top deals on designer clothes and wares. You'll find the Seattle Premium Outlets just west of I-5 on 105th Street.
Holiday visitors to the Mount Vernon area often make their way to Seattle Premium Outlets for last minute shopping deals, and the kids always love a sit on Santa's lap. In the spring, be sure to visit the Seattle Premium Outlets for the Easter Bunny Visit, a top event where the kids can have their picture taken with the Easter Bunny, and you can grab a few new pieces to add to your wardrobe.
Every spring in Washington, Tulips bloom in an array of gorgeous colors. The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is one of the biggest celebrations of the blooming tulips, and is held across the entire month of April. Hundreds of thousands of people enjoy the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival each year. Visit the Puget Sound region and join the fun.
Officially inaugurated in 1984, the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is spread out over the entirety of the area – it's intended as a driving and sight-seeing tour, rather than a one-stop shop. There are a wealth of farmers in the area with thousands of acres dedicated to growing tulips. Many local business thrive during the festival – check out the Carpenter Creek Winery, the Anacortes Quilt Walk, or participate in the Annual Tulip Run.
Plan your next trek across the Puget Sound region of Washington and check out Tulip Town. Just west of downtown Mount Vernon, discover Tulip Town and take advantage of a seemingly endless amount of tulips – you'll tour row after row of planted tulips on acres of pristine land. Enjoy the sea of colors and wonderful aroma.
Check out the Tulip Town Cafe on you visit. Enjoy a sampling of tasty treats, grab a cup of coffee to help warm up during the colder months, or just sit and relax. There are trolley rides available at Tulip Town, and be sure to visit the gift show – why not take with you some of the amazing tulips grown at Tulip Town. The farm is also open during the popular Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, held each April.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2 mile(s) from Skagit County fair grounds
- 4 mile(s) from Skagit Gardens, nursery and garden center
- 8 mile(s) from Skagit Valley Casino and Resort
- 12 mile(s) from Padilla Bay Marine Interpretive Center
- 12 mile(s) from Bay View State Park
- 13 mile(s) from Skagit Speedway
- 15 mile(s) from Swinomish Casino and Bingo
- 16 mile(s) from Gaches Mansion and Quilt Museum
- 16 mile(s) from marinas, seasonal whale watching and Rainbow Bridge
- 16 mile(s) from Skagit County Historical Museum
- 16 mile(s) from Swinomish Tribal Community
- 16 mile(s) from Shelter Bay
- 18 mile(s) from downtown Anacortes, marinas and seasonal whale watching
- 19 mile(s) from Samish Island
- 21 mile(s) from Deception Pass
- 28 mile(s) from Tulalip Casino
- 30 mile(s) from Whidbey Naval Air Station
- 60 mile(s) from North Cascades National Park
- 78 mile(s) from Mount Baker, view of the peak from the road
- .25 mile(s) from Wal-Mart®
- 1 mile(s) from downtown Mount Vernon's , eclectic shopping district
- 2 mile(s) from Burlington Outlet Mall, home and personal fashions
- 2.6 mile(s) from Cascade Mall, major department stores and smart shops
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 18 mile(s) from Anacortes
- 30 mile(s) from Bellingham
- 30 mile(s) from Whidbey Island
- 55 mile(s) from Seattle
- 80 mile(s) from Tacoma
- 1.5 mile(s) from Skagit Valley College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2 mile(s) from Eaglemont Golf Course
- 2.6 mile(s) from Cascade Cinemas , at the Cascade Mall
- 7.5 mile(s) from Avalon Golf Club
- 16 mile(s) from shops, and waterfront dining
- 25 mile(s) from many lakes and parks
- Adjacent to Dairy Queen, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sunday through Saturday
- Adjacent to Fortune Mandarin, Bar/Lounge, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner, Monday thru Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 Noon to 9:30 p.m.,1617 Freeway Drive, 360-428-1819
BEST WESTERN College Way Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Mount Vernon. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Ellensburg Rodeo & Kittitas County Fair
Join Ellensburg residents as they celebrate one of the region's most prized events, held annually at the Ellensburg Rodeo Grounds. Event start times are TBA.
2015 Moxee Hop Festival
Enjoy a day's worth of live entertainment, great food, and excellent craft beers at this year's Moxee Hop Festival at Moxee City Park. Event start time is TBA.
2015 Vintiques of Yakima National Rod Run
Vintage cars and festival activities make their way to Yakima for this annual event. More info is TBA.
2015 Buskers in the Burg
Held annually, Buskers in the Burg is a fall festival featuring an art parade, a beer and wine walk, an outdoor concert, and a collection of buskers. The event start time is TBA.
2015 Flip Flop Whitewater Rafting
Brought on by an annual dam release on the Tieton River, Yakima visitors and residents can experience the thrills of whitewater rafting during the entire month of September. Trips begin at both 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
2015 Sundome Volleyball Fest
Young volleyball players compete in a number of tournaments held at the Yakima Valley SunDome. Game times vary by day.
2015 Central Washington State Fair
Join in the plethora of festivities held at the Yakima State Fair Park for the annual Central WA State Fair. The event start time is TBA.
2015 Manastash Metric Ride
Explore the Washington Cascades region with a host of fellow bikers during this 50 kilometer bike ride from Ellensburg to Cle Elum. The ride begins at Mt. Stuart Elementary School in Ellensburg at 7:30 a.m.
2015 Ellensburg Film Festival
Celebrate all things cinema with a weekend's worth of independent film screenings made my local and regional filmmakers. More details TBA.
2015 Hometown Holidays
The Ellensburg Downtown Association hosts a variety of events at various venues throughout historic downtown Ellensburg during the holiday season. Event dates and start times vary.
2015 Spirit of the West
Featuring an impressive collection of acclaimed musicians and poets, Spirit of the West is a favorite among annual music festivals in Ellensburg. The western cowboy-themed gathering is held at various venues throughout town.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean